Ron61

Default Marriage of Frederick GOODWIN and Rose BULLIMORE

I am trying to find evidence of a marriage between my great great grandfather Frederick GOODWIN and Rose BULLIMORE round about 1851. Frederick was a widower on the 1851 census, his first wife Sophia GREEN having died in 1849. On 24 March 1852 Emma GOODWIN was born to Frederick and Rose GOODWIN, formerly BULLIMORE. The marriage does not appear on GRO and I am at a loss as to where and when, if at all, it took place. Rose was born in Huntingdon, Frederick in Great Paxton. Any information or ideas greatly appreciated.
    Ron Goodwin, Chorley, Lancs.

ashleyrm

I have a great, great grandmother named Sophia Bullimore (b. 1826). In the 1851 UK Census, she is listed as living with her sister, Rose Bullimore (b. 1820) in Huntington. In the UK 1861 Census, I notice that Rose and Frederick Goodwin have a daughter three years younger than Emma that is named Sophia who could have been named after Frederick's late wife and/or Rose's sister.

If I find any further information, I will let you know.

ashleyrm

Also, in the 1851 Census, Rose Bullimore's occupation is listed as "dressmaker". In the 1881 census, Emma Bullimore's occupation is listed as "dressmaker". It would make sense that a mother would teach these skills to her daughters.