Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    v.wells

Sorry Angewozere What can I say but the fingers are not obeying my mind today!

Angewozere

I found it highly amusing ! Never thought of it before lol

v.wells

Was there anyone mentioned on marriage certs that could be his mother as a witness or other family member? and were all the certificates - was his name always spelled the same way? There are so many Fieldings, but if he was constant in his name then more likely the name is the same and not reverse order on the birth certificate and it could be a case of miss-spelling by the registrar's office.

Was there a birth date on the death certificate? From that you know which quarter to search.

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Angewozere View Post

I found it highly amusing ! Never thought of it before lol
    Just got it myself What else can I say - "I need the idiot's guide"!

Angewozere

1st marriage cert has the names of the wifes brother and also what looks like BREWELL/BRUVELL have tried to search this name as well !Does not give a Fathers name
    2nd marriage cert has the names George and Annie Carter Friends of my grandmother his 2nd wife, I have them in the 1911 census but not in the 1901 Again no father listed !
    I even have his 1st wifes death cert and it was one of the sons who regisrtered her death not my Grandfather!

janbooth

Default John William FIELDING

There is this John W FIELDING in the 1881 census of Ancoats, Manchester:

RG11/3984, folio 107, page 54
    15 Alfred Street

William FIELDING Head Mar 28 Foreman Carter Lancashire Manchester
    Sarah A do Wife Mar 26 do do
    John W do Son 9 Scholar do do
    Abraham do do 6 do do do
    Joseph do do 2 do do
    Ernest do do 2 months do do
    Eli do Brother Mar 36 Formerly Carter do Rochdale (?)
    Mary Jane do Visitor Un 22 Cotton Doubler? do Manchester

This family are still in Ancoats in the 1891 census but the majority of them are now shown as born in Rochdale including John so perhaps he is not your John.

You say you have found him in the 1901 census - where was he and with whom as that may give us some clues to find him in the earlier census records.

Janet

Angewozere

Thanks for that one I have looked at it beforehand and put it on hold as a posibility as grandfather in his later years was a carter
    In the 1901 census he was in COXHOE Durham with his first wife Sarah and thier family and a coal miner hewer I have found her in the 1891 census as well with no sign of him ?At the time of marriagein 1894 on the cert it says that he was living in Medomsley so I have trailed the streets there in 1891 census to no avail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123