Thread: Hello All

audrey

Default Hello All

HI
    my names is Audrey I am 68 years old .I live in the North East of England been doing family history for over 20 years I have a huge brick wall which I have never been able to break down although I have been may times to Cumberland and Ireland below is listed my brick walls

William Mcknight born 1841Ireland son Of David Mcknight married Ann Kneen in Cockermouth 1869 Ann Kneen/Knean was the daughter of John Kneen born I.O.Man 1811 and Hannah Marshall b1815 Whitehaven Cumberland

John Sewell born 1826-1828 Preston Lancs or Carlisle depending on which census I believe .John Married a Mary Douglas born Scotland c 1834 no marriage has ever been found .Their first son James Sewell was born Carlisle 1853 the birth cert gives the mother as Mary Sewell formaly Douglas .John and Mary had 3 more sons born in Carlisle
    John Sewell born 1857
    William Sewell born 1867
    Robert Sewell born 1870 [my grandfather ]he married Mary Mcknight daughter of the above William Mcknight and Ann Kneen all their Children were born in Maryport Cumberland

Audrey

Jan1954

Hello Audrey and a warm welcome back to Brit-Gen

Things have changed a bit since your last visit - more forums, more members - more answers! So, have a look round and post those questions of yours. We will all try to help.

Oh yes - we will be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks at the National Family History Fair in Gateshead. Do try to pop along to see us.

Enjoy the forum!