cirstybewick

Default serched and searched

hi i know my grandparents were married but i lust can't find and documents to find this and i want to order a marriage cert.
    can anyone help
    there names were dennis smith and winifred grinrod they had a son micheal smith born march 1941
    i have searched data going back from 1941.
    dennis born 13 feb 1917
    winifred maud grinrod born 18 mar 1918
    regards cirsty

v.wells

Have you ordered Michael Smith b cert. It will give details of parents. She may have been married before. Where was Michael born.

Grindrod born 1941 Luton vol 3b p 1120 2Q

Your spelling was off.
    Last edited by v.wells; 26-08-2008 at 4:10 PM. Reason: removed name in case living

Wirral

The mother's surname given in the births index for 1941 is GRINDROD, not GRINROD. By the way, if the person is still alive, then you need to remove their name from the posting.

cirstybewick

hi
    thanks for the spelling!!! i meant to put a d in grindrod!!!
    no she wasnt married before and i do have micheal smith birth cert and the county is luton bedfordshire
    regards
    cirsty

cirstybewick

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    The mother's surname given in the births index for 1941 is GRINDROD, not GRINROD. By the way, if the person is still alive, then you need to remove their name from the posting.
    i hope you are not being funny i am only asking for help!!

v.wells

Accurate spelling is more helpful when we help you search. Maybe you can now search for Grindrod in marriage registrations. A lot easier than Smith.

cirstybewick

yes i have done this, it was a miss spelling on the forum my mistake

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    By the way, if the person is still alive, then you need to remove their name from the posting.
    One of the rules of the forum is that details concerning living people must not be posted.

Have you searched the full GRO index, back from the birth in 1941?
    Have you searched after the birth in 1941?
    Seaching on a name like GRINDROD is obviously easier than searching on the name SMITH.
    If you know where the couple were living at the time of the birth, try the local church records for the marriage.
    It was wartime - is the marriage in the Army Marriages section of the GRO index?
    Maybe they didn't marry, just lived together as man & wife.

v.wells

Dennis H Smith m Grindrod 1938 Luton vol 3b p 1152 2Q

Looked under Smith and don't know why she is not there in 1938 under her name. Now you can order the marriage cert.

Just checked again it is Winifred M. Grindrod and I don't know how I missed it

cirstybewick

thankyou very much for help
    kind regards
    cirsty