Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PROSSER

Mutley

Joycelyn. Just a thought, looking at that 1911 census again.

They stated that they had been married 7 years, that lines up with the possible marriage in 1903. They also said 4 born alive, 3 living and 1 died.

The question about the children applies to the current marriage so if they are right then that is Edgar, Edith and Violet and one that died.

Maybe the Violet Mary born in 1905? You need to do some searching for FRY children born and died between 1903 and 1911 in FreeBMD.

Also the two older children, Victor and Willie. They may have been born to the couple before the marriage or belong to only one of them. A previous marriage and death of a partner could be looked for.

Mutley

This may help
    1901 Census

John Fry, age 30 born 1871 in Charfield, a Masons Labourer
    Jane Fry his wife age 30 born 1871 in Charfield
    Victor age 3 born Swindon
    Benjamin age 8 months born Swindon
    Mary Ann Fry, the mother, a widow age 68 born Charfield

RG13; Piece: 1906; Folio: 40; Page: 23

Mutley

Maybe the Prosser family in 1881
    All born in Wickwar, living in Back Lane

Henry Prosser 30, a Quarryman, born Shipton
    Mary A. Prosser, wife 40
    William Pearce 11, Stepson
    Emily Prosser 9
    Mercy V. (Mary) Prosser 5
    Louisa Prosser 3
    Annie R. Pearce 2 (Step grand daughter)

RG11/2512; Folio: 7; Page: 7;

Loves to help with queries

Mutley, I don't know how to thank you enough; all the details you have found are on the family I was searching for. I did look for John Fry having been married before and there were a couple of possibilities on BMD but I'm sure the one you found is the correct one. I must have a look for Benjamin and also his mother.

The Prosser family in 1881 living in Back Lane, Wickwar is a definite because mum remembers her Great Aunt saying she visited them in Back Lane when she was a child. The 9 year old Emily is my great grandmother!

Violet Mary? I think you may be right too about her being the child who died - I shall take a closer look.

Mum will be delighted with all this info - her mother (sister of Louisa Prosser) died when mum was 9 so not much family information on the maternal side was given.

Many thanks again - it is very much appreciated.

Bex28

Default I'm Edith Fry's great grandaughter

Hi Jocelyn not sure if you are still on here or not. Your thoughts about the Fry/Prosser family are true but it's all very confusing.

My great grandmother was Edith Louisa Fry, her sister was my Auntie Vi (Violet) who married William Frankham and lived in Charfield, my mum still lives in what was Auntie Vi's house. Uncle Bill was romany and, here's where it gets confusing, his elder sister married Violet and Edith's elder brother Edgar, so she was also romany. Would love to hear from you and I can fill you in on the whole shebang, as I said, VERY confusing but I would love to hear what you have as my granny NEVER talked about this side of the family and it has only been in the past year that we have found out about the other brothers, we never knew about them. I have quite a few pics as well, of the gypsy families too and some obits if you are interested. Looking forward to hearing from you, Becky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12