Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sindylin

Default Using images of BMD certificates and Census returns

Hello,

I wonder if someone can advise;

I am compiling my family history into a book. This book will only be given to other family members, the lcoal libraries and FHS's. The book will be free although a lot of my own money has been spent in compiling it I'm not bothered as its being done as a "labour of love" so to speak.

I would like to use some of the scans of BMD certificates I have obtained from the GRO online in the book, also copies of some census returns.

Are these copyrighted? Am I likely to get into deep doo-doo if I use the images?

Also, I have a Pallots marriage entry image I found on A****** can I use this? PLus.....several Wills with the ancestors signature on it I would like to enlarge and use on their page. Can I do this?

Other than the above, all the pics are either mine, or I have permission to use them and also quotes in books, I have the author's permission.

I have been advised to get an ISBN number too even though it is only a very small print run (under 50)

Fortunately, I can get my husband to print it off from PDF files as he works with printers!

Any info greatly appreciated.

sindylin
    Last edited by sindylin; 03-08-2008 at 4:34 PM. Reason: addition