Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tederator

Smile Looking for BLAND Family

I hope this is the right place for my enquiry. I am now researching the maternal side of the family tree.
    Charles Thomas Bland born 1850 Hendon married
    Hannah Maria Wootten born 1868 Islington in 1891 Quarter 4
    They had four children
    George Bland b 1892 Holborn Q2.......Married Alice ?????
    Annie Bland b 1899 Bethnal Green Q2.......Married Thomas Beeby or Beebe
    Charles Arthur Bland b 1901 St Pancras Q2.... Married Lena ????
    Agnes Florence Bland b 1908 Q4 Edmonton.....I have full details of this fine lady.

What I want to find are marriage records for George, Annie and Charles, the two ladies, Alice and Lena, I wouldn't have the faintest idea what their maidens names were. I've searched through the BMD records to no avail, and I cannot find them on the 1901 census either, so if anybody can give me any help with this I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ted.

thepalace1

Hi Ted.

Thomas Beeby married Annie L Bland March Quater of 1927 in W.Ham 4a 217

Tederator

Quote Originally Posted by thepalace1 View Post
    Hi Ted.

Thomas Beeby married Annie L Bland March Quater of 1927 in W.Ham 4a 217
    Hello thepalace1, thank you very much for finding that, looks as though it fits in the tree. Your eyes must be a lot sharper than mine because I could not find anything anywhere, I must look more closely I think. Thank You.
    Cheers
    Ted.

Hi Ted
    I found a Charles A Bland marrying Lena Franz Sept 1/4 St Giles London Middlesex vol 1b page 1223. The year? 1910! Charles would have been 9.
    Oh well back to the drawing board.
    Christina

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi Ted
    I found a Charles A Bland marrying Lena Franz Sept 1/4 St Giles London Middlesex vol 1b page 1223. The year? 1910! Charles would have been 9.
    Oh well back to the drawing board.
    Christina
    Hi christanel, thank you for looking anyway, I'm having a problem looking for them myself, bit hard without knowing their maiden names.
    Cheers
    Ted.

Tederator

Smile Looking for Bland Family

Hello, I have found a marriage record after some persistent checking through the records. Lena's maiden name was King.
    The record
    Q1 1933 Charles Arthur Bland married Amy L King Islington 1b 272.
    I never knew her first given name was Amy nor her surname was King, just Lena.
    Still got one to find now George Bland's marriage to Alice ????
    Cheers
    Ted.

Oh well done Ted. You went a little further ahead than I had reached in the search. It doesn't help when people interchange their maiden names does it? Both Amy and Lena are pretty nnames. One of my birth grandmothers used her second name Ethel instead of her first name Elizabeth. Anything to make searching difficult for us.
    Christina

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tederator View Post
    Still got one to find now George Bland's marriage to Alice ????
    Cheers
    Ted.

This is going back a bit, I did find details for George Bland (my uncle) in the New South Wales records I knew he had emigrated to OZ shortly after WW2, I found a death record for him and that gave me stacks of info as well it included his year of birth and marriage, his children and their year of birth, with all that I was able to find them all but one, born in OZ, their marriage, birth of their children in the English GRO indexes. That death record was almost like a mini family tree. Ozzie records give a lot more info than English death records.

Ted.

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    Hi Ted.

Do the Bland family on the link below have any connection with yours?

Finbar.

Thank you Finbar, no there is no connection, the only Hannah Bland I have was the Mother of George Bland and siblings, her maiden name was Wootten, born Quarter 4 1868. Thank you anyway, any info is worth checking.

Cheers

Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tederator View Post
    This is going back a bit, I did find details for George Bland (my uncle) in the New South Wales records I knew he had emigrated to OZ shortly after WW2, I found a death record for him and that gave me stacks of info as well it included his year of birth and marriage, his children and their year of birth, with all that I was able to find them all but one, born in OZ, their marriage, birth of their children in the English GRO indexes. That death record was almost like a mini family tree. Ozzie records give a lot more info than English death records.

Ted.
    Nice to have an update on your Bland family. I love Australian death certificates because of the wealth of info even though, as with any record, it is only as good as the informant's knowledge. One of my husband's lot didn't know her mother's maiden name so picked an Irish one she knew!
    Good work Ted.
    Christina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast