Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Know where you mean, believed it to be something to do with the old Central Railway. Might have been a malt house. When I go out for a walk next I will have a look, only a couple of minutes away.

Elley

That is kind offer to do that Neil when it is just my curiosity getting the better of me. No urgency at all. Thank-you.

Elley

SearchingSadler

Neil, its not the building near the old railway is it? Down London Road. Haven't they built a gym in it, or next to it? Opposite a erm, bar, Hooters, not that I'd ever go near a place like that!

It's the one from Manvers Street that runs on the old Sneinton Hermitage road. It's just the shell that is left standing. You can see it from the City Link Road, thats the private road that leads to the Walk In Centre/BBC.
    Enough clues??

Latest on the buildings.
    One appears to have been a bonded store, for either tabacco or grain. Next to it, well connected, on the other side from the railway are arches which I assume would have been loading bays unless someone can correct me. I have only been in this area a few years so I don't know the history.
    Cheers

Elley

Hi Neil,

Thank-you so much for walking round for me, I do appreciate it. Being as it has never been demolished and is in drastic need of attention I wonder how long it will remain?

Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Kind Regards,

Elley

Quote Originally Posted by Elley View Post
    Hi Neil,

Thank-you so much for walking round for me, I do appreciate it. Being as it has never been demolished and is in drastic need of attention I wonder how long it will remain?

Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Kind Regards,

Elley
    Knowing Nottingham, I will put money on it being fixed up and made into apartments. That whole area is being redeveloped, that had a grand opening about 2 years ago with fireworks and then nothing.

MarkJ

Ah - Nottingham developments are something to behold at times! The redevelopment of Basford, near the railway crossing, where they put up the concrete flats and then knocked them all down a few years later.

Mark

Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Ah - Nottingham developments are something to behold at times!
    Mark
    Everytime I go down Mapperley Plains Road to see my Dentist, another BIG house has been demolished and about 8 houses and one block of flats have been built in the space!

We lived there for eight years and we came to this conclusion:

1. If there's a smidgeon of space - build something on it.
    2. Prune all trees to within an inch of the trunk.

I nearly dropped with shock when I saw the area where we live now ....... big trees everywhere, on grass verges at the side of practically every road, plus in gardens ...... not forgetting very posh roundabouts, all filled with flowers and sculptures (done in plants!)
    Good luck with your research everybody!

MarkJ

I lived off Mapperley Plains for a couple of years in one of the houses built off Lambley Lane.
    I can remember my little terrier escaping one night when it was snowing hard and he was running up and down the main Mapperley Plains road between the snow ploughs! All you could see what a little black object bouncing over the snow drifts! Luckily he was not injured - but he was very keen at escaping

Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast