Thread: Software

Peter-Gabriel

Red face Software

I'm not a newbie to genealogy, I've been researching my family for a long time. I've used FTM - it was quite good, but I am looking for a program that can take about 5 million names ( a lot I know, but that's where I am!), can adapt to new languages (French, German,Spanish, Italian...), take in foreign titles, give a biography for each individual, work out relationships, give charts for these and not query foreign languages when I'm inserting a will or conveyance in French, Spanish, etc... and could generate a gedcom...eventually i would like to create a website.............

can anyone suggest a package that might get me on my way?

Peter

Jan1954

If you have not already done so, please have a read of this thread. You may find it of interest.

MartinM

I am using TNG 'The New Generation' a web based genealogy software which does both; keeps you genealogy database in good shape, and publishes a web site if you decide to go live. It is capable of doing all you mention and more.

Hope this helps
    Martin

Guy Etchells

Brothers Keeper can handle all that and more besides.
    Cheers
    Guy

Peter-Gabriel

Default re Gen software program

thanks Guy and Martin - that sounds positive - I'll have a look at both and report back!