Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flowers

Smile searching for marrage

Hi all sorry for not being on or logging off I have had computer problems
    I have been trying to find the marrage of Joseph Gould born1821 to Ann I am thinking 1841 + minus 2 years He was born in Gloucestershire Ann is down on the 1851 census as being born in shawditch.. would they have marred in her place of birth in those days ?. I am thinking she may have been in service. any help would be great

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Do you have any more info? Can't seem to find Ann in 1851 census in order to determine where you mean by 'shawditch'. Do you have a reference for 1851 census, or at least the place?

There are a few marriages in Gloucestershire between Joseph Gould and possibly an Ann around 1841, but there is little chance of picking the correct one. Did they have children? If so, then the best plan is to obtain a birth certificate, and that will tell you Ann's maiden name, among other things. Then you have a better chance of finding the marriage.

Michael

pipsqueak

Was it supposed to say Shoreditch? That would be in London. Where were they living in 1851?

The fact that they were born so far from each other probably means that that they met and married somewhere else; many people went to London and married people from different parts of the country. If they were living in Gloucester, it's unlikely that they would have travelled back to Shoreditch to marry.

janbooth

Default Joseph & Ann GOULD

Is this the family at the Boat Inn in Welford, Gloucestershire? If so, it shows Joseph as born in Brimington?, Warwickshire not Gloucestershire and certainly not Kermincham, Northants as Ancestry have transcribed it!! Their eldest child Francis was only 3 so it is likely that Joseph & Ann were married c1846.

There is a marriage on FreeBMD in the December qtr 1846 at Evesham reg district of a Joseph GOULD and one of the other names on the page is that of an Ann GOULD so this could be a possibility. There is also the birth registration of Francis GOULD in the December qtr 1847 at Stratford on Avon reg district, vol 16, page 477 (Stratford contains the parish of Welford). If you send for the birth certificate it will give you the maiden name of Ann.

HTH

Janet

Flowers

sorry bad spelling .. In the 1841 census Joseph was not married he lived in grafton the house on the census with father Joseph mother Elizabeth sister Ann ,brother Henry .Joseph was 20 then .

The next recored of him is in the 1851 census was marred then to Ann he was the in keeper and coal merchant . they had 3 children then .. cant read the name but they we 3. 2 and 3 months so had to have got marred in those 10 years but cant find it , maybe the were not marred still looking here but help would be great thanks all for replying

Flowers

Default thank you

Many thanks it makes sence your an amazing group

Flowers

Default searching for marrage

Jan it all adds up there was a son Frances that is now a family name passed down great to know the inn name where did you find that please thank you so much

1841 census
    HO107; Piece 1126; Book: 16; Folio: 6; Page: 6; Civil Parish: Exhall; County: Warwickshire;

On the 1841 census there are a couple more Goulds in the same household, in addition to the ones you name there are also Sophia age 15 and William age 10.

Whole family born Warwickshire.

Michael

Hi Flowers

These baptisms are on the IGI. They look like PR transcripts so are probably reasonably reliable. Bidford is only about three miles from Grafton.

The parents in all cases are Joseph Gould and Elizabeth.

ANN GOULD - Christening: 30 MAY 1813 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick
    HENRY GOULD - Christening: 18 JAN 1816 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick
    WILLIAM GOULD - Christening: 19 APR 1818 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick
    JOSEPH GOULD - Christening: 03 SEP 1820 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick
    JANE GOULD - Christening: 12 JAN 1823 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick
    SOPHIA GOULD - Christening: 27 MAR 1825 Bidford-On-Avon, Warwick

Now you know in which parish records you can cross check the details.

Michael

Flowers

Default searching for marrage

Thank you so much Michael its amazing you so far away can help me .. I lived in kent and marred a kentish man so if I can be of help just ask

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast