Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

just a quick update, santa didn't bring a surprise and I haven't heard anything else! looks like sooner or later I may have to make a trip to Ireland and try to find the records. I do keep trying various websites but nothing comes up, Perhaps my Grandmother who was born in Ireland wasn't registered at all. I checked the 1911 census, and once again it was Ireland for birth!
    pejay

Hall/Swan

Why do the records only go back to 1940??

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by pejay View Post
    just a quick update, santa didn't bring a surprise and I haven't heard anything else! looks like sooner or later I may have to make a trip to Ireland and try to find the records. I do keep trying various websites but nothing comes up, Perhaps my Grandmother who was born in Ireland wasn't registered at all. I checked the 1911 census, and once again it was Ireland for birth!
    I hear that flights to Ireland are dirt cheap. Less than £50 At least that's what my sister told me!

Hall/Swan

Is she trying to get rid of you???

v.wells

Good Joke but my sis lives in England and she was telling me that my nephew had taken a weekend in Ireland to visit friends. And he is a struggling student!

Hi I think I know where my next break will have to be,I am going to Durham next week, maybe I should be going to Ireland, I do not know why the records only go back to1940's it was suggested I google Cavan Library and see what came up, but when I did I didn't find anything for family history,does anyonw know how common it would be not to register a birth in Ireland in 1882/1883, However I have now found they visited family in Bury Lancashire every year, but there must be millions of Kelly's in Bury so I do not think that lead will help me I am running out of thinking caps! as to what to do next,or whether to put them on a back burner for a while & come back to them later. thanks for all help/suggestions
    pejay

Hall/Swan

waiting for more information. Redhills records only go back to 1940's hoping to hear something further soon,

Did you phone them or who told you the records only go back to 1940?

Secondly, what happened to records before that? Were they lost? You will need to find out!!!

some priest - I forget his name said they only went back to 1940 at Redhills, not sure why, will try to find out.
    pejay

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

I found this website in my travels and thought I would pass it along

From Ireland Genealogy & Family History

Hall/Swan

some priest - I forget his name said they only went back to 1940 at Redhills, not sure why, will try to find out.
    Well there must be earlier records somewhere....They might even be in the safe! You need to find out one way or another if they exist...!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast