Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Growing old Disgracefully

Hi all

Photo copy of Obituary is in the post from Newcastle will let you all know when it arrives.

Sandy

Smile Obituary

Hi Jo and all

Obituary has arrived just says

FRYER. - New Delaval, Isabella, the dearly beloved wife of Joseph Fryer, 27 years. To be interred at Horton, on Sunday morning, at 12.30. All friends kindly invited. R.I.P.

Sandy

Mutley

Well done Sandy.

So this Isabella was married to a Joseph does that make her yours?

A Joeph Fryer and Ann Maria Marsh are on the same page for a marriage registered in June quarter of 1910 in Tynemouth. 10b/402

A Walter V Fryer's birth was registered in Dec 1913 at Tynemouth, Northumberland. Mother's maiden name was Marsh. 10b/638

Smile

Hi Mutley & ~Jo

Yes I think this is the right Isabella.

I have found the info regarding the second marriage and birth of Walter for Jo in another post she had re. Giles Family also another brother Harry b1911.

Jo now needs to get Death Cert for Isabella details of which I have already given her, to find out how/what she died from.

What I found for ~Jo is Joseph Fryer married Isabella Giles in 1893 they had 3 sons James Giles Fryer, Edward Giles Fryer and Joseph Oliver Fryer. Isabella dies 1902, Joseph them marries Ann Maria Marsh in 1910 they then have 2 more sons Harry 1911 and Walter V 1913

Sandy

Mutley

I think you have done really well Sandy, I hope Jo returns soon.

It's strange how it can be just as satisfying to find someone else's family as it is to find your own.

aeracura

Ohhhh Sandy and all, thank you so much!

It is her! It's really strange that it was never spoken of. I've had no internet for a few days and have only popped on at my sisters to check for messages as i won't be back on for a few more days! You are such wonderful people and I thank you sincerely for helping to piece my jigsaw puzzle family together

~ jo

Deanna7245

Default Ann Isabella Fryer

Hi.
    My name is Deanna Bell.I am 64 years old and probably the oldest surviving member of the known family in England. My mother was Ann Isabella Fryer(named for her Grandmother). Her Father was Joseph Oliver Fryer and his mother was Ann Isabella Fryer. His Father was Joseph Fryer.
    My Grandfathers Mother died when he was small and his Father married again to "Maria" pronounced Mariah. His half brother Walter fell down a mine shaft at Bedlington pit and was killed in 1958. He was 44 years old.
    James ( Jim) worked in London all his life ( supposedly for the Royal family), and retired with Joseph Oliver and his wife Annie nee Thirtle until he died.
    I always knew we had relatives in Australia as it was talked about when I was young.
    Deanna

aeracura

Default A real English realtive at last :)!!!

Hello Deanna!!!

Yes we are most definitely related!!!... I would love to keep in touch and add what you know to the family tree! Your mum and my dad would be first cousins, as their fathers were brothers And we share great grandparents.. I'll send you a link to the family tree I've been able to upload, and you can fill me in on the missing bits... Oh I'm so happy you found me!! (((hugs)))

Your Australian cousin...

~ jo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12