Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MarkJ

One possible likely candidate is the John Perry registered in the June quarter 1875 in Liskeard.
    Liskeard is in Cornwall, but not far from Plymouth.

Of course, as Jan says, he may have been registered elsewhere - especially if, as many Plymouth people were, the husband was in the Navy.

There is only one John Charles - and he is registered in a London district (St Saviour).

Where does the date of 1875 come from? Census?

Mark

Edit: I just tried a search on the 1881 census for John Perry and came up with nothing which fits your details Ray.
    Do you have any other details - e.g parent names/dates of birth which may help identify your John Perry from the crowd?

rayrussell2000u

John Charles Perry is the son of Richard Samuel Perry.

I worked the date out from his marriage certificate.

suedent

In the 1891 census there is a John PERRY, son of Richard & Emma born c.1875 living in Plympton St Mary. His place of birth is given as Egg Buckland which is very close to Plymouth.

In 1881 the family is living in Egg Buckland & the name is spelt PERREY
    Last edited by suedent; 16-06-2008 at 8:12 PM. Reason: addition of 1881 info

MarkJ

There is a family called "Perrey" in Egg Buckland, Devon with a Richard as the head, married to an Emma. Does your Richard have a wife with that name?
    If so, then there is a John listed as a son.
    The 1881 census shows them - RG11 piece 2188 folio 18 page 7

You will probably need to think about possible spellings for your family on the censuses - e.g Perry, Parry, Perrey etc. if you can't find them.

Actually, I think I have found your John Charles birth.
    March quarter 1874, Plympton district.
    John Charles Perrey volume 5b page 239

Mark

rayrussell2000u

Thats great thank you... I didn't know anything about the name being spelt Perrey Im not sure why this would be but i guess it is possible. Maybe it was an error. By any chance could you find any information for me on the names in my first post?

Thank you for your help...

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Ray,
    There's an Eliza Ann Walton with a birth registered in 1870, and four William Henry Russells registered in 1871, so please don't say that you can't find any records on FreeBMD.
    Whether they are the entries you want is not the point - the fact is that they exist for the names and years you've quoted, and until you can find them for yourself you will not progress very far in your genealogical quest.
    When you've found them, report back, and we'll progress to alternative years for births and how to search for marriages.
    Pam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12