June Welsby

Post Rose Cottages, Walthamstow

My grandfather, Arthur Humfrey, was living at 6 Rose Cottages, Collard Rd., Walthamstow at age 4 on the 1881 census. On the 1891 census 6 Rose Cottages is not recorded. The numbers in Collard Rd., start from about 9 (from memory). I have found out that Collard Rd., was badly damaged during the war and the houses were pulled down because they were a hygiene trap. Collard Rd. does not exist anymore. I would like to find out what happened to 6 Rose Cottages and where my grandfather and his family had moved to. Also if there are any photo's available of the Cottages. (Probably not I guess).
    June Welsby

AnnB

I can't actually help you with your query, but I might know somewhere where you can get the info you want. The Vestry House Museum in Walthamstow is usually a mine of information on all things about the area. They have a web page as part of the London Borough of Waltham Forest's site, the address is rather long! https://www.lbwf.gov.uk/index/leisure...nformation.htm There is a postal address and an e-mail address on the page, so it might be worth contacting them.

Best wishes
    Ann

June Welsby

Smile AnnB

Thanks Ann for your info, I have contacted Vestry House and am waiting on a reply.
    June Welsby