Chris Miles

Default McGlone help please

Hi
    I am looking for the parents of Owen McGlone born 1862 ish according to 1901 census, I know he was born in Glasgow and he married Rebecca Bell from Hull in 1883 ( Jan to March) and thatall any help welcome.Thanks.
    Chris

birdlip

Hi Chris,

IGI has Owen MC GLONE b 05 Feb 1863, Tradeston, Glasgow, Lanark. Parents Owen MC GLONE and Isabella GRAY

birdlip

Siblings of Owen, also b Tradeston, Glasgow, parents Owen Mc Glone and Isabella Gray;

Isabella 15 Jun 1856
    John 19 Nov 1857
    Ann 13 Aug 1859*

* Anns parents are given as JOHN Mc Glone and Isabella Gray, but I think its just an error, I can't imagine two McGlone husbands in the same parish, having children at the same time as each other, and each with a wife named Isabella Gray.

Owen and Isabella's marriage;

Owen MC GLONE and Isabella GRAY, 16 Oct 1855, Hutchesontown, Glasgow, Lanark

regard birdlip

melsibob

Hi Chris I have found Owen McGlone on 1871 census aged 8. His parents were Owen (age 36) born in Ireland and Isabelle age 34 born in Scotland. Owen junior had siblings Isabella (14), John (13), Ann (10) Samuel (6) Joseph (2). The children were born in Scotland except for the younger two who were born in Hull. In 1871 the family were living in a town called Walker, Tynemouth.

hope this helps or even sounds correct!

Chris Miles

Hi. Thanks to you both, they both sound the same family and the right ones, I was starting to get the owens and samuels all confused.
    The names are family names which appear every generation and I have some memory of one side of my mums lot from Scotland andone from Ireland so it all fits, you have put me on the first rung of the ladder for tracing my mums side of the family.
    Thanks
    Chris

birdlip

Excellent Chris, pleased to be able to help.

joette

I would go to ScotlandsPeople site & have a look at the 1855 Marriage Certificate.
    As this was the year Stat Reg began in Scotland you oft find things on it which later Regs don't.This goes for Births & Deaths too.
    It's £6 for 30 credits &which should be easilly found as you have the date,district & names.It's usually 6 credits an entry.

CarolineT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miles View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for the parents of Owen McGlone born 1862 ish according to 1901 census, I know he was born in Glasgow and he married Rebecca Bell from Hull in 1883 ( Jan to March) and thatall any help welcome.Thanks.
    Chris
    Hi Chris,
    If these McGlone's are in your family ancestry then we are related. My maternal grandmother Rebecca (Betty) McGlone was their granddaughter (her father was George their second eldest son).

I'd love to hear from you . My dad is researching our family tree

Cheers
    Caroline

Jan1954

Hello Caroline - welome to Brit-Gen,

Unfortunately, Chris has not visited the forum for nearly 3 years, although still a member. However, if you click on Chris' name on the left, a drop-down menu will appear and you will be able to send a private message or an email.

Good luck!

Chris Miles

Hi,
    Back on the forum again after a 3 year break, Yes Caroline we are searching the same family please feel free to contact me at:
    ChrismilesATorangeDOTfr so we can compare notes although I haven't got far on this side yet.
    Regards
    chris
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 25-04-2012 at 7:45 PM. Reason: disguised email address to prevent spammers