Thread: HELP! Please

RJO1

Wink HELP! Please

My great grand father according to the 1881 census is Vincent D Upton born 1879 Salford, identified as the Gdson (Grandson?) of Nicholas and Emma Dixon. I do know that Upton was spelt wrong on the census because the surname is actually Hufton. Emma Dixon had been previouosly married to John Hufton who had left Emma a widow with numerous children.

I cannot for the life of me find a record on the BMD register let alone anywhere else for the confirmation of the birth/ christening of Vincent D Hufton/ Upton or other derivative.

Vincent did exist however on the 1891 census he appears as Vincent Dixon son of Nicholas and Emma. I am still trying to work this one out.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Vincent Dixon HUFTON
    Birth registered Salford June qtr 1879
    Vol 8d page 51
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Hi
    1881 census also has Kate age 24 and Lucy age 19 its a possibility that either of these could be the mother and not Emma, have you found the birth entry for William as well. Order the birth cert. for Vincent and let us know who's on it keep us up to date.
    Sandy

RJO1

Sandyhall

Thank you for your help. I will get the certificate and keep you up to date.

Regards

RJO1