Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wilhu01

1841 Mathias working as farmer’s servant for John Kerridge at Hope Farm, Buckhorn Weston.
    Fanny Luffman living with her parents William (a butcher) and Ann and her sister (which looks like) Martha.

1851 Now living with his wife Fanny work as farm labourer. Next door to William and Ann Luffman and their lodger Emanuel Caddy. also a farm labourer.

1861 Now living in Purse Caundle at Tripps Farm, working as a Dairyman.
    With him was Fanny and their children Walter, Alice and Thomas. Also there were Thomas (38) and Martha Brickell (36)
    The name Martha Brickell turns up in my tree marrying Robert Williams in Dec 1800.
    Perhaps some relation.

1871 Now back in BW shown as Ag Lab. Living with Fanny (a glover), Thomas, Agnes and Ann (Martha).
    Next door was William and Ann Luffman and their grandson Walter Caddy (a cabinet maker)

1881 Still in BW but now described as a farm servant and Fanny a laundress. Thomas is also with them possibly an 8/- Ostler ?
    They are living next door to the school house (which was built by Noah Read the brother of my G/Grandmother Jane.
    They also had boarders John Dartnell a sawyer and Thomas Ayling a earthenware potter.

Regards

Hugh

Dean Thomson

Hi Norma or anyone else interested in the Lanning surname in Dorset!
    Specifially I am interested to know if anyone knows the dates for Thomas Lanning who married Rose White at Kington Magna on Nov. 8, 1791. They became the parents of Job Lanning who married Ann Smart from Horsington, Somerset. They also had eight other children. The Lannings lived at Kington Magna for many generations from what I have found out!
    Thanks anyone for any info!
    Regards,
    Dean

Dean Thomson

Kington Magna, Dorset was the home to my Granfather Harry george Caddy two siblings and his parents William & Sarah Caddy.
    I just found out from the 1871 census that they were living at Blackmores Farm at that time & William was a Dairyman renting twenty acres.
    Does anyone living in the area happen to know where this farm would be located from Kington Magna? Could it be that it has retained the same name after all these years?
    Any information will be appreciated.
    Dean Thomson

JenniLl

Hello Dean,

To extend your name search a little further...
    I went to school in (Epsom) Surrey during the 1950s with a girl by the surname of Caddy. In Hampshire (near Romsey, at least until recently) were a family by the name of Lanning.

Jenni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12