Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wickwar graves

brianb

Quote Originally Posted by CanCan View Post
    Hi Brian,

I have Townsend's from Keynsham, its not a million miles away, I might get lucky. Could yo have a look for me.

Thank You

Michael
    Hi Michael, the following is the one Townsend grave listed. Perhaps it will link to your tree. If this record does means anything for you, I can email the full word document through showing actual location of the grave.

Just so that everyone knows, its for the Holy Trinity Parish Church, Wickwar, Gloucestershire. Despite having my great grandfather coming from there I too had never heard of it until I started researching. It sounds a lovely place.

In Loving memory of
    ANNIE ELIZABETH
    THE BELOVED WIFE OF
    ALFRED TOWNSEND
    WHO DIED JANUARY 31ST 1914
    AGED 44 YEARS
    “ PEACE PERFECT PEACE”
    AND OF ALFRED
    HUSBAND OF THE ABOVE
    DIED ON APRIL 20 1943
    AGED 81 YEARS
    RE-UNITED

Granite headstone, kerb surround, slab infill, sunken centre, inscribed lettering.
    Flower & Ivy motif
    Mason; S.Taylor Yate.

As for Sally's coming and going, I expect that gets confusing with two similar place names !.

Happy hunting everyone.

Brian

CanCan

Thanks Brian,

I had a quick look this morning and no match, but I will have a good look tonight after work.

Michael

CanCan

Hi Brian,

No link with the Townsend's above. Never mind luck will shine on me one day.

Michael

Carolyn28

Default Wickwar Graves

Hi Brian

Would you also sometime have early grave information?
    I Have several from the 1700's Stevens, Dier/Dyer..Hollister..Smith..Yewen...

I have their death dates but would like anything additional about them... If you do have earlier information I could send you the dates?

Regards
    Carolyn28

brianb

Good day Carolyn

looking through the list, the earliest burial is 1892 within this cemetery.

Of the names you quoted there is a Smith (Mary 1899) and Dyer (Thomas 1922 and Mary Ann 1930) if you are interested.

If you have any earlier burials in the Wickwar area I would be interested, my names are Powell, White, Haines and Lambert.

Regards

Brian

Carolyn28

Hi Brian

Thank you for the dates. I think all of mine start back to that time period, but I will record them.

I do have a data base that I started along time ago and I have some White..Lambert..and Powell names from that area if you are interested I could send them. I don't know if there are any death or buriel dates however.

Regards
    Carolyn

brianb

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn28 View Post
    Hi Brian

Thank you for the dates. I think all of mine start back to that time period, but I will record them.

I do have a data base that I started along time ago and I have some White..Lambert..and Powell names from that area if you are interested I could send them. I don't know if there are any death or buriel dates however.

Regards
    Carolyn
    Hi Carolyn

I would appreciate any info on these families that you have, some of my dates on my own tree do go back further than the cemetery records of course, if you dont mind sending them to me by email I will PM my address, then if I find I have some info that may also be relevant to you I can send it to you later.

My g grandfather Frederick Joseph Powell left Wickwar and settled in South Wales, his father Joseph Powell was a well established tailor in the high street and my family tree in that area has evolved from these.

Regards

Brian

Máguari

I would appreciate any information on BARNARD graves in Wickwar.

brianb

Hi

there are two Barnards on the list, extracts as follows:

No 08. Grid Ref. Row A BARNARD
    Top. IN EVER
    LOVING MEMORY OF
    SARAH ANN
    WIDOW OF THE LATE
    Middle. CHARLES BARNARD
    OF THIS PARISH
    WHO FELL ASLEEP SEPTEMBER 19TH 1914
    AGED 79 YEARS
    “ AT REST “
    Cross on three tier plinth, kerb surround, inscribed lettering.

No 11 Grid Ref. Row D BARNARD
    IN
    LOVING
    MEMORY OF
    HANNAH BARNARD
    THE BELOVED WIFE OF THE LATE
    THOMAS BARNARD, OF THIS PARISH
    WHO DIED NOVr 29TH 1904
    AGED 86 YEARS
    “ HE GIVETH HIS BELOVED SLEEP”
    Granate headstone, kerb surround. Inscribed lettering.

Hope these are of help.

Cheers

Brian

Máguari

Thanks, Brian. I'm sure that these two must be somehow connected to my Barnards who were from Wickwar, but I don't know where they fit in. I guess I'll have to put some effort into this group come the New Year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast