Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wickwar graves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    brianb

Default Wickwar graves

Hi folks

I have a sketch plan of the Holy Trinity Parish Church, Wickwar, old Wickwar parish graveyard, with the plots numbered and details on the relevant stones.
    These date from 1880 to 1997.
    I am happy to look up anyone, and / or email the details through.
    Brian

memorialhunter

Hi

Could you please have a look for any Beard's

MH

Loves to help with queries

Hi Brian, thank you for offering this information. My family includes the Prosser family from Wickwar, one of whom was Louisa Prosser who married a man called ? Fry. Apart from knowing they had a daughter called Violet that is all the information I have (in my defense I have only just started writing down a few details from my mother!). Louisa was aged 3 on the 1881 census if that helps at all in finding her.

Look forward to hearing from you.

jojo

brianb

Hi Jojo and MH.

I am sorry to say that none of the surnames mentioned have come up on the list, however as it may be possible your families married into others in the area, this is the surnames that I have:
    ALLEN, ALWAY, ARNOLD, BARNARD, BARRETT, BROWN, COLLINGDON, CULLIMORE, DIBBLE, DYER, FLOOK, FRANKLIN, GOTHARD, HALSEY, HANDOLL, HAWARD, HITCHINGS, HOWARD, ISAAC, LANE, LIMBRICK, MARSH, MARSHALL, MOORE, NASH, NIPPRESS, OWEN, PALMER, PARK, PERRETT, PHILLIPS, POOLE, POWELL, RAGGATT, RICHARDS, ROBERTS, SHIPWAY, SMITH, STINCHCOMBE, TOVEY, TOWNSEND, WEBB, WHITE, WICKS, WILLIAMS, WOODFORD. There are also some partial visible name: EMMA ??. GEORGE ?? . MIN ??? and various UNKNOWN.
    If either of you identify with any of these names and wish to see the details (Numbered grave plan and stone details) I can email direct.
    Note the details only relte to the one graveyard in Wickwar.

Best wishes in your research.

Regards

Brian

Loves to help with queries

Many thanks for looking Brian. I'll be back if I find any of those names on my tree!

jojo

David Franklin

Default Franklin

Hi Bri! I've just joined, and this is my first post. My mother was a NIPRESS, but I wasn't aware of any connexion with Wootton/Wickwar. Could you let me know details you have of FRANKLIN and NIPRESS ? Many thanks, David

brianb

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Hi Bri! I've just joined, and this is my first post. My mother was a NIPRESS, but I wasn't aware of any connexion with Wootton/Wickwar. Could you let me know details you have of FRANKLIN and NIPRESS ? Many thanks, David
    Hi David
    sorry for the slow response, back from holidays today, there are two graves, one for each family, details below. If either is of interest send me a PM with your email address and I can email the word document, which includes all the graves and a location map of each numbered plot surveyed.
    Best wishes

Brian

IN
    LOVING MEMORY OF
    HENRY FRANCIS NIPPRESS
    WHO DIED MAY 10TH 1922
    AGED 50 YEARS
    AT REST
    ALSO OF JOANNA
    WIFE OF THE ABOVE WHO DIED ON
    JAN.10.1958 AGED 92 YEARS

Ornate cross and headstone in granite. Ivy motif, kerb surround, inscribed black lettering, solid infill.

In loving memory of
    GEORGE FRANKLIN
    DIED JUNE 25TH 1903
    AGED 81 YEARS
    ALSO
    SARAH ANN FRANKLIN
    WIFE OF THE ABOVE
    DIED MARCH 2ND 1904 AGED 83
    ALSO
    JANE FRANKLIN
    DIED MARCH 9TH 1904 AGED 86
    PEACE PERFECT PEACE
    IN LOVING MEMORY OF
    GEORGE ROBERT FRANKLIN
    BELOVED HUSBAND OF
    BESSIE FRANKLIN
    WHO DIED AT PAIGNTON, DEVON
    JANUARY 6TH 1910, AGED 55 YEARS
    IN LOVING MEMORY OF
    FRANCES AGNES FRANKLIN
    DIED NOVr. 5TH 1924. AGED 64 YEARS
    Double grave, kerb surround, granite headstone, black inscribed lettering, metal vase.

David Franklin

Default Nippress and Franklin

Dear Brian, Many thanks for this information. I have the Nippress on my database, but no known connexion to my Nipresses; the Franklins are not related. Wickwar is an interesting name (not Warwick?). Despite living just over the border in Warwickshire, I had not heard of Wickwar. Best wishes, David

salcat

No it's not Warwick! Wickwar is a village near Wootton under Edge. I have family near Bristol and coming off the M5 at Falfield (J14) there are signs to Wickwar. On the way home, I come off the motorway and see signs for Warwick!!

Sally

CanCan

Hi Brian,

I have Townsend's from Keynsham, its not a million miles away, I might get lucky. Could yo have a look for me.

Thank You

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast