Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chuckgaish

Talking Sarah Abbott c 1807 Kingston Surrey look up

Sarah Abbott was born in Kingston Surrey, she married James Gaish in East Molesey on 5th October 1826, there is a Sarah on igi that matches but unable to find a way to prove the link although its probably correct,
    Does anyone have access to records in East Molesey or Kingston to help.

Thanks Chuck Gaish

Jane M

Hi Chuck,
    Sorry can't help with either parish records but what did you hope to find that might prove the Kingston Sarah Abbott was the same one that married James Gaish? I presume she's the one born 24/12/1807, baptised 24/1/1808, Kingston, d/o John & Ann?
    The Surrey Marriage Index can only add that they were both of East Molesey at the time of the marriage & it was by banns.
    Have you found any of the family on any of the censuses? There might be some clues there....an aged parent living with them or other close relative that can be identified.....

Jane

chuckgaish

Smile Abbott

Hi Jane thanks for your help, was just hoping for a bit of luck I guess I knew there would be no way to link her.

Thanks again there is no other way to link via census except re her place of birth but if the entry, yes its the one you have is the only one at that time I suppose it must be her just wanted to be extra careful.

Regards Chuck

Jane M

If it was me Chuck, I would say it was here until you can prove it right or wrong. Have you done a Google search for, 'Gaish'? Quite a lot comes up!

jane

chuckgaish

Default Gaish Abbott

HI Yes done the search on Gaish its was there taht i found out that Gaish is thw Arabic word for Army or Milatary there are many football teams called Gaish but also many terrorists Called Gaish !!!!!

Jane M

Yes, it is the Arabic word for army. In Egypt they say it with the 'g' where I live (Jordan) they say it with a softer 'j'

jane

chuckgaish

Default Gaish

Hi Jane I had aleways believed it was pronounced Jaish so its intresting to know its Gaish in Jordan, strangly although I am not linked to the Jordan Royal family Princess Muna is related to the Alderton's on my tree, however there may be in link as I have another Alderton line that may be a direct link.

Thanks for the info on Gaish it was my surname that made me intrested in genealogy that led to finding my Mum had 11 brothers and sisters she never knew about and her parents did hard time for child neglect.

Jane M

That's a sad story Chuck but I hope you were able to hook-up with some cousins once you had found your mother's siblings

jane

chuckgaish

Default Sarah Abbott

Hi Jan and anyone else that has read this link, the saying you cant see the wood for the trees, well been doing this genealogy thing for 8yrs now and last night realise that Sarah had remarried it was in 1848 so how stupid was I anyway cert sent for so will have fathers name and occupation soon.

Oh Jane yes made contact with all Mums side of the family and see them now and again but there the story gets even sadder, they made a programm Heir Hunters on the BBC daytime tv sometime ago and we featured in one programm because of our story.

Jane M

So I'm 'talking' to a celebrity
    Glad that worked out for you Chuck!

jane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast