Thread: FAO WIRRAL

georgeyone

Default FAO WIRRAL

Hi Wirral.

Looking through past threads I noticed you are a regular at Liverpool Library, I have never been to a library for research and I don't want to waste my time if the information I want is not there, so my question is-:
    If I go to liverpool library will it have the parish registers for Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk and Leicester or is it just merseyside?
    Paul

Wirral

Quote Originally Posted by georgeyone View Post
    Hi Wirral.

Looking through past threads I noticed you are a regular at Liverpool Library, I have never been to a library for research and I don't want to waste my time if the information I want is not there, so my question is-:
    If I go to liverpool library will it have the parish registers for Devon, Cornwall, Norfolk and Leicester or is it just merseyside?
    Paul
    It only has church registers for Liverpool itself. I think the furthest out from the city centre are Halewood, Knowsley & Seaforth. To get church registers for further afield you either have to go to the relevant county archives, or else go to your nearest Family History centre (run by the Latter Day Saints) & get them to order in the films if they have them.

georgeyone

Thanks Wirral.
    you have saved me wasting my time as I already have my Liverpool family well documented.

once again thanks.
    Paul