Frank

Default Margaret Ann Ashton, Preston

Trying to find the correct Margaret Ann Ashton, my Gt. Grandma.
    After searching bmd indexes I found Two Margaret Ann Ashton,s born Preston, 1875, both had fathers called James who were born Preston, 1850. Both Fathers were flaggers and slaters.
    The Margaret Ann Ashton I need married a Richard James Walton a soldier in 1894 and died in Preston 1919.

Can anybody help would appreciate any info,
    Thanks Frank.

uksearch

This maybe your couple.

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1894 Surnames Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register OfficeRegisters At Reference WALTON James Richard ASHTON Margaret Ann Preston Register Office or Registrar Attended Preston PRESTON/105/102

UK

Frank

Default Margaret Ann Ashton.

UK. Star,

Thank you for your reply to my shout for assistance. I should have said, that I have Margaret`s orginal Marriage Cert and death cert. It is her birth cert I trying to locate.

With the d.m.d. idex showing two Margaret Ann Ashton`s with the same place and date of birth,fathers name and place and date of birth same. I do not know which to go for as I do not know her mothers name.

Thanks again for your help,
    All the best,
    Frank.

uksearch

Do the mothers nee GORE and HEALD both have the same Christian name?

UK

Frank

Default Margaret Ann Ashton,

UKSearch.,

Thanks again for you help I do appreciate it. I am sorry to say I do not know who her mother was that is why I would like to obtain Margaret`s birth cert. One of the James Ashton`s had a wife called Jane, but I do know if she is the right one.

Thanks,

All the best Frank.

Frank

Default Margaret Ann Ashton

UKSearch,

Sorry to pester you again, but I have just located Mary HEALD she is not mine she married a William ASHTON.
    I have found an Alice GORE she did marry a James ASHTON and had a child,. Margaret Ann.
    There is also Jane (surname not known) also married a James ASHTON and had a child Margaret Ann. Which one do I pick.

All the best Frank.

uksearch

Lancsbmd has an 1897 marriage at Preston for

ASHTON James MERCER Jane
    Farington, St Paul Preston 201/2/127

There are also three others but no in Preston see

https://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

I can't help you choose which one you need to pick, you need to get the birth certificate.

UK

Frank

Default James Ashton, Marriage.,

UK search,

Thanks again for all your help.will send for the cert. and see where that takes me.

All thge best, Frank.