elizabethjones1

Question Ardbear lodge Clifden

I have the above address as a place of death for my G/G/Grandfather.Does anyone know could it have been a hospital ?have Googled it but can only find a Hotel Eliza

Leslie

Elizabeth,

I think that Ardbear Lodge is a small house close to the entrance of the Rock Glen Hotel, near Clifden.
    There is an old graveyard on the other side of the road from the Lodge, although I am not sure if it belongs to any particular religious denomination.

Leslie

busyglen

If you do a Google search putting in `Clifden, Ardbear Lodge' it comes up with a business (I won't put the link in here as it is a commercial site) but it gives the address as Ardbear Lodge, Clifden.

They have an email address, so perhaps it's worth contacting them to see if they have any further information that could help you.

Glenys

elizabethjones1

Default Ardbear Lodge

Thanks Glenys yes that is wirth a try.Eliza

elizabethjones1

Default Ardbear Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Elizabeth,

I think that Ardbear Lodge is a small house close to the entrance of the Rock Glen Hotel, near Clifden.
    There is an old graveyard on the other side of the road from the Lodge, although I am not sure if it belongs to any particular religious denomination.

Leslie
    Hi Leslie
    Are you cousin Leslie(Mcniffes)?Thanks for that I just wonder re the Graveyard but it does say on the Baptismal record from West Galway FH site 'address' Am a bit confused but will track that detail down.Eliza

Reputation beyond repute

Google and you'll find it listed in a proposed "Record of Protected Structures" described as a "Detached 3 bay, single storey former lodge house, c.1875, with cut stone panelled gate piers flanking former entrance to Ardbear House"

elizabethjones1

Default Ardbear Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Google and you'll find it listed in a proposed "Record of Protected Structures" described as a "Detached 3 bay, single storey former lodge house, c.1875, with cut stone panelled gate piers flanking former entrance to Ardbear House"
    Thanks peter I'll look into that Eliza.