Thread: New to B-G

Tinker

Default New to B-G

Hello All
    I'm new to this particular forum, though not genealogy forums in general, and I'm looking forward to meeting a whole host of new people. I've been researching my family branches on and off since I was about 16, but it's only now, with a bit more spare time, that I've been able to make serious progress.

My main surnames are NEWTON, SWINHOE, MACGREGOR and FLANIGAN, though I have a habit of rushing off down twigs on my branches, on a regular basis, just because I can....

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

Tinker, don't feel too badly about chasing twigs. You can find some of the most interesting people at the tips of the limbs...

Happy Hunting!

Tinker

Absolutely....!

Jo-Jo

Hello Tinker,
    If you're still using this website, I have just seen your post of 10-3-2008 and thought you might like to
    know that I have many Swinhoes from Sunderland in my tree. Please get in touch so we can compare
    notes.
    Jo-Jo

Tinker

Hi Jo-Jo
    My Swinhoes are descended from Benjamin Swinhoe born 1823, Sunderland, if that helps to narrow things down a bit. The Swinhoes are on my mum's side of the family and most of them were seamen.
    Tinker

Peter Minter

Hi Tinker,

Welcome to this Forum........I am sure you will find this site helpful & informative.Hopefully you will receive help with your family research from a 'great' bunch of people!