Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Keith Daniells

Default Walker of Baldock

After 30 years you may have already covered this but you will find The Baldock Museum can be very helpfull. On a recent trip to England I made a point of calling in on them while chasing info on the Henwood family and they were able to provide quite a bit of info I had not know about. you can make contact to Brendon King 01462892640. Although not until the early 1900s the Henwoods had The Star PH just across from the Bull.

pastimperfect

Thanks Keith! I have already been in contact with The Baldock Society, based at the museum and they were kind enough to send me some of their vast collection of views of Baldock via email free of charge!

https://www.baldocksociety.org.uk/loc...kmuseumlhs.htm

pastimperfect

Default Buckland not Willian for William WAlker c 1828

[QUOTE=chapla1n;204303]Hi,

I too am looking for Walkers from Willian.

My GGG Granfather was William, born there 13.1.1828 - he married Ruth Bird in Bassingbourn, Cambs.

Bob

According to UK Census 1861 (YOB given C 1828); 1881 (YOB given c 1831) & 1891 (YOB given c 1833) the William that married Ruth Bird was born in Buckland, Hertfordshire. Buckland is a small village (nearest town, Royston) close to the Cambridgeshire border.

In the UK Census 1861 for Willian, William is a single man born c 1828 in Willian, Hertfordshire. He is the son of:

John Walker 1779 – 1856

Sarah Walker nee Palmer 1787 – 1865

He remains single and living alone throughout the census returns

Ally Walker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12