Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Happy to help- I suspect you will find that Albert/Meyer/Mayer used name changes. Have just seen on National Archives UK under the Sun Fire Records: Edward Mallan 26 Upper King St Bloomsbury -dentist 1836. You will note the name Messrs May and Albert surgeon dentists at the same address in Feb 1837 ( see earlier posting). I suspect that they were using various names for trade purposes plus bankruptcy. You might to contact the Australian researcher on British Jewry Archives ( see 2009 postings ) who had significant data on the Mallan lines- they may have data unknown to you which develops further relationships.
    Phillip

The Court of Exchequer Tues Dec 12 1843 tried the case of Mallan v May. May was was son of a sister of M.Mallan and residing in Edinburgh but entered into an apprenticeship to train as a dentist with the Mallan at 32 Gt Russell St in 1835 for 4 years. On completing the 4 years May had agreed not to use his name in conjunction with that of the Mallan's nor practice in those towns which they also practiced. May broke the agreement and in the absence of the Mallan ( one had gone to America and one to Hamburgh- they had gone bankrupt at the end of 1840 beginning of 1841 and had been manufacturer's of cigars as as side trade)- May had used 32 Gt Russell St as his practice using his name in conjunction with the Mallan name. He did stop the practice. The court awarded the plaintiff's 1 farthing in damages!
    Looks like a family falling out and also suggests that between 1837 -1841 May stopped being in partnership with Albert.
    Phillip

That's a knowledgeable discussion. Came to know about oral hygiene and measures to prevent such hazardous problems. My cousin took her braces treatment from Torrance dentist and got perfectly shaped teeth in just six months. I think five to six sittings were included in the package and tolls udes for cleaning were pain free too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123