Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warren family

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thank you, thank you Suffolk Sue and Jeremy.
    Now I can get some sleep!
    AND actually Jeremy I know that Suffolk Sue has also solved my cousin problem!!
    I always assumed that both William and Hannah were born in Beccles a la 1841 census. Now I realize the 1841 census only shows county of birth and the Beccles bit was where they were actually living. That is where I went up the wrong garden path.
    NOW it is quite obvious, thanks to Sue, that William came from Stonham Earl AS DID the family of cousins with which grandma was staying at Coddenham. Their father, siblings etc were born in Stonham Earl. Grandma's grandfather Willam must have been the brother of Thomas, the cousins grandfather (finer details to be confirmed!) All born in Stonham Earl and that is why Harry and Hannah later lived in Stowmarket and Grandma was born there. Beccles must have been just a stop along the way as William was a wheelwright.
    problem solved!!!
    When I come to Suffolk in October I would like to present you, Suffolk Sue, with a very large bouquet of flowers, or bottle of champagne!
    My new problem now is what brick wall do I attack next!
    This forum is amazing. Gold stars all round.

birdlip

..and congratulations on becoming a china star!

Thanks Jan, it has been a big day!! China star-----sounds a little fragile!!

A final thank you to Jeremy, Suffolk Sue and Birdlip.
    The icing on the cake so to speak!

Due to the fact that Jeremy was able to discover that Harry Waner from Bedefs was actually Harry Warren from Beccles living with an aunt Mary in 1851 and you were all able to help me discover the whys and wherefores of that relationship I have solved yet another puzzle!

Contained in my packet of 19th century photos entitled "Unknown" I have a photo of a very dear old lady in a long silk dress and bonnet which is inscribed with my grandmother's writing ........."Aunt Hayward"

BINGO

birdlip

Oh wow Marj, how wonderful! Any chance of you posting it for us to have a look at?

I'm a bit cheeky asking even, because I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I'd have to ask my resident Technical support man, fortunately son number 2 is an IT manager too...

Would love to if I could!!
    Husband doesn't turn the computer on, IT literate son in London!
    Maybe if someone posts clear instructions for a Computer Dummie..me ....I sure will give it a try.

suffolk sue

Hi

Please be aware that when it says someone comes from a certain parish at the time of marriage, it doesn't necessarily mean its their birth parish.

Ok, thanks Sue, I won't close the file yet.
    However, as Willam does not appear anywhere in the Beccles register I will concentrate on double checking the Stonham Earl registers to confirm my assumptions. I realize I will need official sources.
    I have ordered Harry's birth certificate. Will it state birthplace of the father, William?

suffolk sue

No it won't state a birthplace for Willam.

A very kind person has advised me that Stonham Earl PR details are on the web.
    The church has made details available to everyone. I am sure a donation is in order.
    I have now proved my assumptions were correct.
    Thomas and William were brothers and William was born in Stonham Earl in 1794. And I now have information about their siblings and mother's maiden name - Garrard. ( siblings, wives,cousins, aunts, uncles etc etc!)
    What is that saying I have read - " When I find one ancestor I then need to find two more!"
    Thank you again to everyone for their help.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast