Thread: richard allen

marybragg53

Question richard allen

Is there a way to find a record for Richard Allen who is listed as retired on the 1901 census.
    He lived in Bradford,Yorkshire for most of his life. He was married and had several childred. His birthdate on the census says he was born in 1844. I assume that he worked in the Bradford, Yorkshire district as a police constable.

Thank you
    Mary

Geoffers

I've pasted below a reply I made to a similar request........

Survival of records varies from area to area. Some forces have their own museum where old records are stored, some have deposited their surviving records in local record offices. I suggest that you try both and see if they can assist. You might also try delving into local book shops to see if a history of the force has been written.

Geoffers

uksearch

Sometime about 1999, the FHS which would cover this area printed an article on how to search Bradford Police Records. I would suggest that would be a good starting point.

UK

marybragg53

Thank you Geoffers: Since I live in San Diego,CA,USA it won't be easy to check out the local book stores. Is there a web site for a museum in Bradford, Yorkshire?

Thanks again
    Mary

uksearch

There are several mentioned on the search engines.

UK

shirley sweetland

Default Richard Allen

Hi Mary Richard appears with his wife and children on the 1881 census. Do you have that info? i can forward it if not

Regards
    Shirley