Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Officers

Peter Driver

Default Police Officers

Does anyone know howto find information as to where ones ancestors served when they were in the Police

Some forces have museums and archives, have a google for the force concerned.

Neil

Melbourne Aust. ~ a drop kick away from the Essendon Airport - 9 miles out of Melbourne

Default Police Officers

Have a look at these 2 Sites. I think both URLs are same Site

I had good results searching for my relative in London.

https://www.externalserver.me.uk:8085/welcome.aspx

https://www.externalserver.me.uk:8085/main.aspx

Good luck

Mutley

v.wells

I went to policeorders.co.uk and requested the information. They responded really quickly and had the information I needed on my grandfather SDI Stuart and my uncle PO Stuart. In order the receive the info back via email, it was a 10 (sorry don't have a pound key) Sterling. So here's hoping that simon comes through with it!

Vanessa
    Last edited by v.wells; 13-09-2007 at 9:11 PM. Reason: forgot signature again!

v.wells

Mutley

I tried lightage.demon url and it wouldn't work. That was yesterday, so will give it another try

Vanessa

For 19th century police officers try the local county record office. Glamorgan Archives had staff records relating to an ancestor of mine in the Glamorgan Constabulary
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

v.wells

My grandfathers police records came this morning as well as my uncle via www.policeorders.co.uk. They are quite comprehensive and I am thrilled about it

v.wells

Sue

Would your same answer apply to the Devonshire Constabulary? Their website is not up and running properly yet and I did email a request for them to put in an area for personal genealogy research but I have yet to hear back from them, if I ever will.

Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Sue

Would your same answer apply to the Devonshire Constabulary? Their website is not up and running properly yet and I did email a request for them to put in an area for personal genealogy research but I have yet to hear back from them, if I ever will.

Vanessa
    I don't know what they have at Devon Record Office but I did go there once to do some research on behalf of a South African friend and they were very helpful when I telephoned first. Obviously that's a bit more difficult for you if you are in Canada. The e-mail given on the GENUKI site is [email protected] . Is that the e-mail you used?
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast