lindy-lou

Default can anyone help with this?

hi all, don't know if i've posted in right place, still trying to find my way around
    i have tried looking for a marriage but had no luck.
    details are. William Kurz (canadian i believe) married Evelyn Chads on 26 Oct 1935 in South Wisham, Essex. I looking for Evelyns birth and parents details.
    Hope to hear from you.

many thanks
    lindy-lou

Wilkes_ml

Hi,

Is it the marriage of the parent's you are having trouble finding? Do you have a copy of the marriage certificate of William Kurz and Evelyn Chads? What are their ages at marriage, and what are their father's name? This should help you to locate their birth certificates which will then give their mother's maiden name.

OK, Evelyn Chads married in December quarter of 1935 but her husband's surname was England, not Kurz in the Index Ref: Essex S.W. 4a 782 . Cross referencing the name England, the spouse is William K. England.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Wilkes_ml; 09-09-2007 at 7:22 PM. Reason: update

lindy-lou

thanks for replying. I am trying to tie up some loose ends, i only found out about her after locating my great grandmothers death cert, she had registered the death. a relative has given me evelyns marriage details and the possibility she was born in canada. i am also led to believe she went to canada after marrying. i have tried many searches but nothing has turned up.would be nice to know if i have any more rellies out there.
    cheers
    lindy-lou

lindy-lou

sorry didn't read your reply properly 1st time, wow!!! thank you for that, kurz must be williams middle name, i'll send of for cert and take it from there.
    many many thanks
    lindy-lou

Wilkes_ml

Default Re:

You may have been reading it as I was updating my message with the marriage details! There is an Evelyne Chad in the birth indexes ( in Yorkshire in 1895 I think) , but you need to get a rough age from the marriage, and a father's name to confirm whether this entry is likely.

lindy-lou

hi again, just seen ur reply, my evelyn chads would have be born about 1911/12, her parents william granville chads and jean/jane cruickshank were married in winnipeg on 17/2/1911, i know this as i have seen my grandmothers, evelyns sister, birth and death certs. i am assuming that evelyn was born in canada before her parents returned to the UK. i have tried to search for her and my g grandparents details in canada but had no luck, it very frustrating.
    i'll keep plugging away
    cheers
    lindy-lou

Judy Anderson

Default Chads/Cruickshank/Baker

Quote Originally Posted by lindy-lou View Post
    hi again, just seen ur reply, my evelyn chads would have be born about 1911/12, her parents william granville chads and jean/jane cruickshank were married in winnipeg on 17/2/1911, i know this as i have seen my grandmothers, evelyns sister, birth and death certs. i am assuming that evelyn was born in canada before her parents returned to the UK. i have tried to search for her and my g grandparents details in canada but had no luck, it very frustrating.
    i'll keep plugging away
    cheers
    lindy-lou
    Hi Linda, are you doing research with Linda Mclachlan? I do see that this was 2007, and probably have most of your questions answered but have been trying to help with this research also.
    Anyways, the birth registrations that I had found only noted mother's maiden names of Emma Baker and Jane Cruickshank.
    This paper works noted that:
    EVELYN CHADS was born 21August 1912
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (mother Jane Cruickshank)
    VIOLET CHADS was born 22 Mar 1908
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada ( mother Emma Baker)
    ?? EDNA CHADS was born 30 Jan 1904
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. (Mother Emma Baker)
    ?? ANNIE CHADS ( could this be EDNA) 1906 Census ( stated 2 years old - 1904)
    FLOSSIE (FLORENCE) CHADS ( found on 1906 Census stating 3 weeks) 1906 Census was done June 30, 1906.
    This would make her birth approx. June 9/10 1906. ( mother Emma Baker)
    LESLIE CHADS death 21 April 1903 age 9 so he would have been born 1893/1894 before she came to Canada. He must have been born in Scotland as 1906 Census stated she came to Canada in 1897 and so he must have immigrated with her? Makes sense, but did she come alone or with her family?
    Judy Anderson

Hallo Judy, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy. Lindy-Lou hasn't visited for a few years but hopefully your post will have triggered an e-mail alert to her. Alternatively you can click on her username and send her a private message.

Now that you are here, do take a good look round the rest of the forum. We have quite a few Canadians on board but are always happy to have more!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Judy Anderson

Just took a look at the Manitoba registrations and noted that the death note of Leslie Chads in 1903 was sadly 9 weeks, nor 9 years.
    Judy

Judy Anderson

Thank you so much for your welcome note. I have been doing family research for more than 10 years and am now glad that I found your site.
    Thanks Again,
    Judy