Tawny Owl

Default Albert Bedford b 1906 Worksop

Hiya, I'm just taking my first tentative steps into my Dad's ancestors. I am particilarly interested in finding out the name of his Grandmother. I assume this will be on the birth certificate of Albert.

Could anyone help me please? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

janbooth

Default Albert BEDFORD

Welcome to the Forum. There is a birth registration for an Albert BEDFORD at Worksop reg district in the September qtr of 1906 vol 7b, page 22. You can order this certificate online from www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ and this will then give you the name and profession of his father, his mother's maiden name and where they were living at that time. From this information you should be able to trace his family on the 1901 census and then work backwards. His parent's marriage certificate (when you have found it) should then give the father's name and profession of both bride and groom which gives you another generation to trace. Births/marriages and deaths post 1837 are available to search with no charge at FreeBMD (https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/) but this is not complete. Find my past (www.findmypast.com/media/news/newname.jsp) holds the complete GRO Index from 1837 but it is a pay to view site.

Hope this helps and if you need any more information do not hesitate to ask as there are some extremely knowledgeable and helpful members on the Forum.

Janet

Tawny Owl

Thank you very much Janet. I really appreciate your help