Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    helenander

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tony vines
    Hi again Helenander

I've never got involved in blogs up 'til now , it's a generational thing I think (listen out for howls of disagreement from the over 90s!). I'm familiar with the principle but not the practice and not sure how one does it. As I understand it a blog is a public thing, otherwise there's no point in it. Is yours all set up and if so what is its address?

regards
    It is only a public thing if you tell people about it. They are dead easy to do, go on have a go, it's similar to doing a website but you don't have to have any knowledge to do it

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi again Helen

I had a look through your blog. It's very smart and well laid out. We have some things in common. My paternal grandmother came from an Earl Shilton family as well (the Wests, blacksmiths and wheelwrights). And like yours they migrated to Leicester to seek employment in the boot and shoe trade among other things.

My feeling is that a blog site is not a suitable place to put one's family history details. I feel the same way about conventional web sites. They're too open to the loonies and criminals on the web. If I were going to create a blog it would be to air my opinions. In other words it would be something that I actually want people to read. However I'm not sure that my opinions are worth airing (which is probably why I'm one of the quieter members of this forum!). Each to his/her own!

cheers
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

helenander

I think you are ok as long as you make sure you don't post any addresses or too much data of living people, but as you say each to their own and if it is something you are not comfortable with then steer clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12