Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rod Neep

Default The future of Brit-Gen is secure

As many of you will know, I am winding down (well a little) and taking semi retirement. I am therefore pleased to announce that Pam Drake (of Parish Chest) is taking over British-Genealogy.com in its entirety. That's the web pages and the forums.

Also, on the up-side, British-Genealogy.com will have a new server to replace the current one which is very tired and creaky. That will solve all sorts of other niggly problems with the forums and emails. The move to a new server will take a little while to set up, (it should be completed within a few weeks) and there won't be any down-time.

Essentially... everything will continue as usual.

Rod
    Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2007 at 10:24 PM.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Bless you my son. Good on you. Enjoy a happy semi, yeah, like as if you won't!

Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

phew! now we can make plans for the future - I have no idea why I said that it just sounded like the sort of thing you say when you have been holding your breath waiting for the other shoe to drop
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Hi Rod

Thanks for this and many thanks to Pam for taking the forum over.

May Rod have a happy semi retirements and hope to see you up in Derbyshire sometime.
    Hope that Pam will not have the heartache that you have had, with the denial of service attacks.
    Good luck to both of you
    Neil

Copper

I am relieved that the web pages and forum are here to stay. Even better is the news that this can be achieved with Rod enjoying retirement

Heather

Rod.....I hope this also means that the mail list will be fixed. I keep getting web error every time I try to go into my List. Nothing new on there since March. And I can't fix it.

But enjoy your semi-retirement. You will find you will be busier than ever.

Best....Heather

Dennis Harker

Rod,

Thank you - your efforts have been much appreciated. For me they have produced results.

Enjoy your semi-retirement.

Famous for offering help & advice

Sounds good! Congratulations on what looks like an excellent outcome for all concerned.

Arthur

Yeah for us! It is good to know that Rod's good work will be continued by people who are every bit as nice as he is.

Having met Pam and Frank at several FH fairs - and shared a chinese buffet with them (but that's a whole other story) I can put my hand on my heart and say that they really are two of the lovliest people it has been my pleasure to know. I look forward to a long and happy forum life and Rod will get to do some research and some chatting too - fantastic!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Oh go on. Admit it. You all read Rod's message and then sat there with a big grin on your face, with your feet doing a little dance, while you read the rest of the thread.
    I'd just like to add name to the list of congratulations, thank you and good luck for the future being sent to Rod, Pam and Frank.
    Now everybody, party!
    Pam

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast