Valued member of Brit-Gen

Red face FRANCKLE in Wandsworth

Someone by the name of Thomas Robert FRANCKLE has appeared on an electoral register with members of my family in 1921. He does not share the same name as them. By 1922 it is only him living at the address.
    I am trying to find out a bit about him. There is one family of Franckles on the 1891 census with the head and son both named 'Thos.'. After, that however I can find no - one with that spelling. I have a sub on 'find my past' and I've traced right through to the present for a death and there is not one individual with that particular spelling. There are people called FRANCKEL, FRANKLE and FRANKEL, but as yet I have found no Thomas.

Any other suggestions please?

I would like to try and find out how he came to live with my family?

He has also appeared in the same address around about the time my unmarried great-grandmother would have conceived her illegitimate son. (A horrible way to describe my grandfather) What would be the likelyhood of him being the father?

Thanks

Alison
    Last edited by A Lee; 17-03-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Success! I have just put Thomas Robert, Wandsworth into FreeBMD and the correct name appears to be TRANCKLE!!!

Alison

bumblebee

Hi Alison

There is a marriage registration for a Thomas R Tranckle in 1915 to either a Jessie P Austin or a Minnie A Watkin.

Do either of those names link him in any way to your family.

Bumblebee.

Thanks Bumblebee.

I have just checked ancestry and I think it was Minnie Watkin who married the person in question.

As yet I have found no such name connected to my family.

Alison

Rita Tranckle

I am the daughter in law of Minnie watkin and Thomas tranckle .my name is Rita tranckle I
    I am a widow and was married to their youngest son Alexander Edward tranckle they had 7 sons if like me you are interested in further information please contact me: rtranckle AT aol DOT com
    Last edited by Jan1954; 08-07-2011 at 8:15 AM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers.

Thanks for the message Rita - sorry only just discovered this - to my knowledge Thomas isn't related to my family, but as I put in an eaelier posting he does appear on the same electoral register as my family in 1921. It would be great to hear a little bit about your family, if you wouldn't mind, if only to put it into social context.
    I will try and send you a more detailed private email when a get a moment.

Many
    thanks
    Alison
    Last edited by A Lee; 12-08-2011 at 9:37 AM. Reason: spelling