Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jennyrose

Default William Gee of Lichfield

William Gee is my 3x great grandfather who was a master cabinet maker. I am trying to find out more information on this family but have hit a brick wall.

William was married at least 3 times - second wife Elizabeth nee Gilliver maiden name Perry. Third wife was Emma (Bailey?)

William was born in Longdon and lived in Lichfield where his son (my 2x great grandfather) Charles Frederick was born.

Are there any descendants out there with more information? Any help willl be appreciated

Jenny

Perry

Default William Gee

I we may have been in contact before, but is this the willim gee who stayed in Australia for a while, and his misses remarried. He certainly appears connected to my tree

Shining Light

Hi Jenny
    Hi Jenny

I happened to google my 3x great grandfather William Gee, Cabinet Maker, and found your message on this site, which I have just joined to respond to you. I have more information assuming you have not found any in the five years since your post. I am descended from his son James William Gee 1834, from his first marriage to Martha Taylor.

Helen

jennyrose

Hi Helen

I have only just read your reply as I had a new laptop a couple of years ago and lost all my favourite websites . I had forgotten all about this site until today when I received a message about another member of my fathers family. I decided to have a look at my other posts and have just found your reply. Since I first posted this message, I have found out much more about William but still hadn't found any information about his first wife. All I knew was that he was a widower when he married my ancestor Elizabeth Perry. Her story is quite interesting too. I would love to hear about Williams first family if you don't mind sharing. I do have my tree on Ancestry. It is private but if you have access to Ancestry , I don't mind sharing with you.

Hope to hear from you and sorry for the very long delay in replying.
    Jenny

Shining Light

Default Martha Taylor

Hi Jenny

Good to hear from you after so long. I am happy to share what I have on Martha Taylor and William Gee and descendents but wonder if we can do that privately or does it have to be "public" on this site. I know we can't put our email addresses on here so wonder how to go about getting an email to you. Here are the basic facts about Martha.

Martha Taylor was born on 21 Jan 1815 in Greaseborough, Rotherham, Yorkshire and christened on 18 Feb 1815. She married William on 23 Dec 1833 at St Phillips, Birmingham and had her son James William Gee in 1834, Christened 18 Aug 1834. She had a daughter Mary Ann Gee born in Longdon on 29 Apr 1836 and Christened on 27 Jun 1827 at Saint Phillips, Birmingham. Martha died in the Jun quarter 1840 in Birmingham.

Regards
    Helen

Hello Shining Light and welcome to Brit-Gen.

How lovely to have been able to make contact with others researching the same name as you after all this time.

You can send your email address by clicking on the user name of the person you want to send it to then click on 'personal message' that appears in the drop down menu. Only you and the recipient can see the pm.

Christanel

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    Hi Jenny
    Hi Jenny

I happened to google my 3x great grandfather William Gee, Cabinet Maker, and found your message on this site, which I have just joined to respond to you. I have more information assuming you have not found any in the five years since your post. I am descended from his son James William Gee 1834, from his first marriage to Martha Taylor.

Helen
    I have just done exactly the same and found this thread! If anyone is still around, I have been looking for Martha Taylor's details, so this is great. William Gee is also my 3rd Great Grandfather, we are descended from his 2nd marriage to Elizabeth Perry and their son Robert Henry Gee

Debs

jennyrose

Hi Debs
    I haven't looked at this site for years and all of a sudden I get an email to say there has been a reply to my message. Lovely to hear from you, I think I have come across you on Ancestry as you have uploaded lots of photos relating to the Gee family. If you want to have a look at my Ancestry tree, send in a request on there and I will share it with you. My tree is called Upton/Miller.
    Jenny

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Just started looking. William Henry Gee of Lichfield( Longdon) 1873 and Charles 1852 , married to Fanny and Charles 1826, married to Sarah appear to be in my tree. My own name, Louisa, appears often! Can go back to 1713 in Longdon. Not a big place, even now, so likely to be the same people!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My dad was Robert Henry Gee. Descended from William Henry Gee. His father was William Gee, but married to Sarah Ann Louisa. Not sure if there were other marriages. Strangely enough, my dad and grandad were both cabinet makers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast