HiFly

Thumbs up 1881 Census - Ships

Thought Bob Sanders was a brilliant site..didn't find any of mine, but it looks simple and effective collection of ships and crew/RN Training Establishments etc. etc.

Dennis Harker

Unfortunately my Firetrust SiteHound tells me that this is a scam phishing site. I over-rode SiteHound and PeerGuardian tells me the site is blocked. I over-rode that and found that the 'home' page of the site said that it couldn't find the page I was looking for.

Hmmm - not sure about all that!

busyglen

I didn't have any problems accessing this Dennis?? Also Bob Sanders has done quite a lot of work in this type of subject.

Glenys

Dennis Harker

Thanks Glenys that's reassured me somewhat. Perhaps it is the fact that Angelfire might be hosting other suspicious sites that is generating the warnings. Sitehound works on the url and Peer Guardian works on the IP range.

I have bypassed the two warnings again but all I get at the Angelfire homepage is the following :-

err-or! er-ror - 404!
    If you're reading this, it means this page is no more.
    It's probably not your fault. Actually, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please check the URL
    UNQUOTE

and that's by clicking directly on the link in your post.

Terry

Hi Dennis, I've just clicked on the link and went straight to Bob Sanders excellent pages. No problems.

busyglen

I tried googling and went in via one of Bob's sites which took me to the one in question, and I came up with the same error message as you Dennis. Could it be that Bob has moved the site? In that case, why can the rest of us access it via the link HiFly gave us, and you can't? It's a mystery!

Glenys

AnnB

I had no trouble accessing the site via the link HiFly has given.

Best wishes
    Ann

Dennis Harker

Smile

Thanks everyone for the confirmation that it was just me!! I have solved it - when Sitehound brought up the warning message and I told it to enter the site regardless I didn't notice that it had changed the capital letters in the link to lower case, i.e. the B and S in BobSanders and the I in Intro.

As soon as I type in the correct case then I am taken straight to the website.

I have to confess that had me puzzled for some time. Now I will go and peruse the site and also some of Bob's other links.

Thanks HiFly for the link I have a feeling I will obtain some useful info via these links.