Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Agnes

Hi Shirley

If we have managed to find her in the US census's, then nothing is impossible

Could you give us some details on where she was born, where family lived etc. and it is definitely worth a go

I have found two births in the indexes, is one of these Maria?

Maria Beale, 1874 Oct-Nov-Dec, Bethnal Green, Greater London, London, Middlesex

Maria Hamblen Beale, 1874 Apr-May-Jun , Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex

We could then do a search between age 16 and 30 and hopefully come up with something and then move on to 1901 census.

Agnes
    Last edited by Agnes; 01-10-2006 at 5:35 PM.

beaky1

Question

Hi Agnes
    I have the details of her birth - she was born 23rd September 1874 in Bethnal Green.
    In the 1901 census she lived at 39 Clarendon Road Walthamstow and was age 26. She lived with her parents Thomas beale 59 and her mother Maria (also) 49 there were 6 other children also living there including my Grandmother Elsie aged 6. The 5 other children had left home by then.
    So we know she lived at home in 1901 - but from what I remember from my grandmother her mother Maria was a bit of a tyrant and Maria(Dolly) did not get on with her mother. She only revealed the details of the marriage in England to my Grandmother years later in a letter from US and swore her to secrecy.
    Its all rather confusing and there is no one left alive to ask.
    I would guess she may have married between 1901 and 1911 when she went to US but she may of course married before 1901 and then come home and not told anyone. The other thing is that my Grandmother always said that she was the youngest of 13 children - I have only ever found 12! So who or where is the missing child if they ever existed? I was told it may have been called JOseph.
    You are doing a great job thanks for the help.
    Regards
    Shirley
    Last edited by beaky1; 01-10-2006 at 9:46 PM. Reason: wrong dates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12