Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Question Bampton 'Parish' Records

I've been looking on the website of the Oxfordshire Family History Society and gather it is possible to purchase CDs of parish records...

My ancestors were all from Bampton.

The disc for Witney (OXF-WIT02) apparently covers Aston Bampton. Is that the same as Bampton - or is this a different village?

Also, I believe my great greats were all connected to the local Baptist Church in Bampton. Would non-conformist registers be included?

As I'm typing this, I'm beginning to think I should probably be asking the OFHS direct, but am hoping that Geoffers or someone will know the answer to my questions!!

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad
    The disc for Witney (OXF-WIT02) apparently covers Aston Bampton. Is that the same as Bampton - or is this a different village?
    Just east of Bampton is the village of Aston (hence the name). I've heard it soemtiems referred to as Aston Bampton to differentiate it from the other Astons in Oxfordshire. I would guess that this is the case here butt he OFHS should be able to confirm it.

Bampton(-in-the-Bush) is a large parish separate from Aston, with its own registers.

Geoffers

Default Thanks!

Thanks Geoffers. I think I'd better contact them before making any rash purchases!

Reputation beyond repute

If it's any help, the Society of Genealogists have a transcript of Bampton in the library, and other stuff that I haven't checked. This is probably the same as OFHS sell on fiche if not on CD.
    Baptist chapels won't be included in any publication unless explicitely stated.

However, SoG do have Cote (Bampton) Baptist transcripts. See the catalogue -

https://www.sog.org.uk/sogcat/access/

Default More thanks!

Ah ha! That sounds to be what I need. Thanks Peter.