Ondergard

Default Vowles of West Bromwich

Anyone on here related to, or know about, the Vowles family of West Bromwich, descended from Dennis Vowles, a Birmingham carpenter, born c.1800?
    Some of them owned two founderies in West Brom which only closed about ten to fifteen years ago.
    My grandmother was a Vowles from West Brom, and it would be interesting to swop details with anyone in the area who has more meat to put to the bare bones of what I know.

Lottie

Lightbulb Vowles of West Bromwich

Ondergard

From Kelly's 1912 Directory of Staffordshire
    WEST BROMWICH

VOWLES Bros - Ironfounders- Hall End

The Entry in 1902 Directory was much the same as above ,except the Foundary was in Church Lane.

I checked the 1868 Trade directory but they were not listed.

But a Joseph VOWLES aged 43 born Birmingham appears on the 1871 Census for West Bromwich! With Wife and children. By the ages of the children I would say he married about 1865. in 1881 a Dennis born in Birmingham appears on the 1881 Census - I would imagine that the Iron Founders could be descendants of these two gentlemen!

hth

Lottie

MrJ4m3s

Quote Originally Posted by Ondergard View Post
    Anyone on here related to, or know about, the Vowles family of West Bromwich, descended from Dennis Vowles, a Birmingham carpenter, born c.1800?
    Some of them owned two founderies in West Brom which only closed about ten to fifteen years ago.
    My grandmother was a Vowles from West Brom, and it would be interesting to swop details with anyone in the area who has more meat to put to the bare bones of what I know.
    Hi Ondergard.

I hope you get this as i am related to the Vowles and i came across your message while googling their business.
    My 2nd great grandmother was Vowles from West Bromich!

Good evening MrJ,
    I see that you're a new member. Welcome to Brit Gen!
    Sadly, Ondergard's shown as a "guest" which means that the account is no longer valid. Why not start your own thread about the family? You never know who else is around.

MrJ4m3s

Hi Lesley.

Thanks for your comment. Thats a shame Will have to give it a try!

James

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by MrJ4m3s View Post
    Hi Lesley.

Thanks for your comment. Thats a shame Will have to give it a try!

James
    I didn't see this thread James. As I said in the PM I'll be able to take you back a bit in Our roots