dave tomlinson

Default boynes from Dublin

Looking for any details on my G grandparents , Michael(John or Joseph ) Boyne and Louisa Clarke(1828/9 ) .In the 1871 census they are living at Dalton St. Manchester ,with their children Winifred (age 13 )and Elizabeth (10 ) born in Dublin and Joseph (7), Louisa (5) and Esther (2) all born in Manchester. I have BMD details for the children born in Manchester , but nothing at all for Ireland.I cannot find the family in the 1881 census , I can find just the children in the 1891 census.

Smile boynes from dublin

hi i have had a look on ancestry and the igi for 1881 census information, and cannot find anything, could their name have been transcribed as something else, bone,or boin or something similar, perhaps they were living with relatives ? and perhaps they somehow never got on the census they may have been out of the country at the time, i have ancestors on the 1881 census and some of their names are wrong!

dave tomlinson

Default boyne family

Peejay
    Thanks for looking on the 1881 census .I have also wondered whether they were out of the country at that time ,On Certificates I have obtained the spelling of Boyne has always been the same , I have heard that it might be spelt Bowen or MacBowen .I couldnt find one of the Boyne children in the 1891 census until i put in Boynes and there they were .So I might try some alternatives and see if I have any joy.
    Thanks once again
    Dave