Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maz1

Question Olive Ricks & K.G.D Evans - Wandsworth/Catford

Hi
    Was wondering if anyone knew anything of the following please. As Ive just found a newspaper cutting and would like to know where Olive Ricks fits into my family, so any help would be great - thanks

Olive Ricks - only woman vet in London Greyhound Racing - wandsworth group
    born c1915 (as she one a few horse riding events in 1925 for the under tens)
    married
    KGD Evans - Catford vet
    Sorry its limited info - but would love to know more as she must be related to me as my mother kept the newspaper cutting.
    thanks very much
    Marian

Jane M

Hi Marian,
    Does this cutting have a date on it? Or from which newspaper?
    I've been looking for her birth registration. Last quarter 1914, all quarters 1915 & first quarter 1916 but with no luck. You can broaden the search yourself, here,
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rec...eebmd/bmd.aspx

If you find it, it should give her mother's maiden name which might be a clue. I did find this site about Catford stadium which might be of interest.
    https://www.derelictlondon.com/pictur...ing_beauty.htm

If you can narrow down timelines, graduation from vet school, work, marriage etc, a clearer picture might emerge. Nobody in the family that you could ask about Olive?

Jane

maz1

Default re olive Ricks

Hi Jane
    thanks ever so much for getting back to me, I shall definately look into the sites you have given me. Thanks also for trying to find her too.
    There is no dates on the cutting im afraid - also no mention of which newspaper it comes from. Am presuming it a local paper to the Catford/Wandsworth area.
    I shall carry on looking and be patient :-)
    thanks again
    all the best
    Marian

Jane M

Hi Marian,

If she had won some horse riding events in 1925 for under 10's, I would start looking for her birth registration from the second quarter 1916 where I left off.
    Good luck,

Jane

maz1

Default olive ricks

hi Jane
    I will certainly look in that date range.
    Thanks again - well appreciated
    Marian

Reputation beyond repute

Let us know the outcome, won't you?

I have sentimental memories of the late lamented Catford Greyhound Stadium.

Jane M

Ahhh, signs of an ill-spent youth, Peter

Jane

Reputation beyond repute

Only youth, Jane? Would that it were! I'm going to adopt a mature attitude soon. But not just yet.

Jane M

Good for you, Peter

Jane

Andrew Ricks

Talking Hi olive Evans (Ricks) was my aunt

Quote Originally Posted by maz1 View Post
    Hi
    Was wondering if anyone knew anything of the following please. As Ive just found a newspaper cutting and would like to know where Olive Ricks fits into my family, so any help would be great - thanks

Olive Ricks - only woman vet in London Greyhound Racing - wandsworth group
    born c1915 (as she one a few horse riding events in 1925 for the under tens)
    married
    KGD Evans - Catford vet
    Sorry its limited info - but would love to know more as she must be related to me as my mother kept the newspaper cutting.
    thanks very much
    Marian
    hi olive was my aunt so if you want to know more please feel free to email me at: andrew AT aricks DOT org
    Last edited by Jan1954; 04-05-2012 at 4:48 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast