Mike Hawkins

Question St. John's, Old Haymarket marriage look-up

Hi,
    Is anyone able to check-out the following marriage details for me?
    John Allsop and Mary Ann Swales, 26 May 1817, St. John's, Old Haymarket, Liverpool.
    Much obliged,
    MikeH

Wirral

Hi Mike

Marriage 26 May 1817, St Johns, Haymarket, Liverpool, after Banns.
    John Allsop of Liverpool, Mail guard, & Mary Ann Swales, spinster, of Liverpool. Witnesses: Mary Corfe (?) & M. Kohne (?). All signed their own names.

Send me an email via this board if you would like the image from the register.

Mike Hawkins

Many thanks Wirral. Also, it is extremely generous of you to offer to supply an image but I don't think I need one.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Wirral

Hi Mike

Marvellous things, digital cameras. The parish registers show the original signatures of the bride, groom & witnesses (assuming they were literate, if not then they would have signed "by mark"). Signatures can be a useful cross-reference if these are your family.

Mike Hawkins

Hi Wirral,
    Go on then - you've tempted me. I'd love a copy of the image!
    Cheers,
    Mike

jrce

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral View Post
    Hi Mike

Marriage 26 May 1817, St Johns, Haymarket, Liverpool, after Banns.
    John Allsop of Liverpool, Mail guard, & Mary Ann Swales, spinster, of Liverpool. Witnesses: Mary Corfe (?) & M. Kohne (?). All signed their own names.

Send me an email via this board if you would like the image from the register.
    Hi wirrel,
    Can you help Please, Looking for John Dawson and Martha Jandrell marriage details at St Johns Old Haymarket sep 27 1813. Do you still have these records?
    cheers jill