floramaggie

Default 1841 census Lambeth please

Is anyone able to find Louisa Sophia Miller in Lambeth in 1841 Lambeth or Newington? She would be about 35 [still single]. SHe had parents William and Sarah, brothers William Alfred [born 1804]and John Joseph [born 1811] and sisters Matilda [b 1822]and Mary[b 1826]. I dont know if they were all together in 1841 though. Many thanks

Jane M

Do you know where Louisa was born? There are quite alot on the 1841. Where is your existing information from, 1851 census?

jane

floramaggie

Hi Jane. I have managed to find Louisa in 1841 with her sister Mary in Smith St Lambeth, but still missing is Matilda b 1826, William Alfred 1804. I think John Joseph may have predeceased the 1841 census. Louisa and MAry were married by 1851. Cheers Flora

Jane M

Hi Flora,
    Matilda might well have married by 1841, there are plenty of marriages for Matilda Miller's in the area on FreeBMD. William Alfred posses a similar problem on the 1841, that being, there are too many possibilities on the 1841, Miller being a fairly common name! Do you have details of their parents, William & Sarah? date & places of birth? If they could be found on the 1841 it might lead to Matilda & William.....theory being, the children might have settled quite close to them.

Jane

floramaggie

Thanks Jane. I know William was William Henry born 1782 at St MAry Lambeth. He was a potter by occupation [I presume he may have been employed at Royal Doulton Lambeth} I am thinking that William and Sarah may also have pre deceased the 1841 census. William was certainly deceased by 1850 [Mary and Louisas marriage] I know absolutly nothing of Sarah. The frustrating thing being that the IGI doesnt have much pre 1800 for these areas. The witnesses on mariage certificated are Williams brother Elisha Miller and John James Miller who I think must be a cousin of William and Elishas. The family had a bit to do with him in later census naming him as an uncle but he wasnt a brother to William and Elisha. And so the plot thickens. Cheers. Flora