evason

Cool Help desperately needed please

Hi all
    i wonder if anybody can give me some advice on how to trace my g g grandfather. His name is John Joseph Moore he was born 1889 in Belvedere Kent as i do not know his fathers name or can find no record of his marriage to Mary Kinsley i am very stuck. I have my nans birth certificate and it states her mothers maiden name and married name but as i have looked everywhere i can think of for this record i have hit a brick wall. At sometime or ever he moved to liverpool. I know he was in the army for several years i have even looked at overseas records but to no avail. Any help or suggestions anybody could give me i would be eternally grateful.
    Kind reagrds Joannie

Reputation beyond repute

"His name is John Joseph Moore he was born 1889 in Belvedere Kent"

What was the source of that information? Might it be suspect? I assume you haven't found anyone likely in the census?

And where was your nan born?
    I'm thinking that Kinsley is more a Northern name than one you might associate with Kent.

evason

Question Hi

Hi Peter
    I was given Belvedere which i have found on the map was given to me
    by my g uncle who was John's son he lives in seven oaks in kent he told me that his dad was born there but he can not remember to much more. Johns wife mary was origanally from ireland and moved to liverpool in the late 1890s. I know they are both buried in ford cemetry as they were both catholics. I can not get any other info on them as i do not know where they where married. I take it they met through the army as both John and Mary's father served in India. My nan was born in liverpool along with the rest of her brothers and sisters except one brother who i can not find anywhere. Any light you can shed would be gratefully recieved.
    Joannie
    Last edited by evason; 21-03-2006 at 12:08 AM. Reason: more info

Reputation beyond repute

Are you saying you have plugged through all the civil and military/overseas BMD indexes and drawn a blank? Even assuming that he might not have actually been born in Belvedere? And are there really no likely candidates in the 1891 or 1901 censuses? Rather too many I suspect with a name like John Moore!

evason

Lightbulb You guessed it

Hi
    Yes i trawled throught them all. So you can see my dilema nobody else in the family to ask. Yes again there are to many candidates. As Mary came from ireland and i don't know where from i have hit a massive brick wall can't even find her in the marriage index's either.
    Joannie