Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Medal Rolls

kaigs

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kenhallock View Post
    I have medal rolls for the Coldstream Guards and the King's Own Scottish Borderers for the Boer War. I can do some lookups for those who will furnish a name of a member of either regiment.
    Hello Kenhallock, just the man who may be able to help me. I have a database of all known British Boer War dead among which are a number that i have taken off various monuments but have no death dates and in most cases no burial place. Please can you look them up on your nominal rolls? Incidentally my database can be accessed by contacting me direct.
    Coldstream Guards:
    Pte. H Hutchins
    Captain Richard Arthur Starling
    8965 Pte A Cubitt
    Pte J Hodges
    A Moad
    Monckton died at Kimberley
    LC Saunders died at Pretoria
    W Savage
    Simpson died at Kimberley
    KOSB:
    Pte J Francis died Burgersdorp
    Pte McGettigan died UK
    CPL C Turner died UK
    You may want to reply to my email at

bkaighin AT Gmail DOTcom

Regards
    Brian Kaighin
    Last edited by Geoffers; 17-10-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Email address edited against spammers

Robert Poole

Default Pte.W. Bell, 1251. Coldstream Guards

I have medal rolls for the Coldstream Guards and the King's Own Scottish Borderers for the Boer War. I can do some lookups for those who will furnish a name of a member of either regiment.
    Hello Ken
    I have a medal that was passed to me & would love to know any details about the original owner. I have looked it up & it is a Queens South Africa medal with the inscription on the edge, as in the title above. Even if I knew his christian name it would be something, though I suspect it is probably Henry/Harry. There are 4 "bars" on the ribbon inc Modder River & Dreifontein. I would be very grateful if you could help me find out any details at all.
    Best Regards
    Rob Poole
    Gloucestershire

kaigs

Default Boer War Coldstream and Borderers

Hi ken my database has all known Briitish dead for the Boer War however there are a few gaps that need to be filled. Please can you send me a contact email address to kaigs(at)telkomsa.net in order I can advise what I require?
    Regards
    Brian Kaighin

Jrnoble50

Do you have any information on Edward Tunney, 661, Coldstream Guards?

frazshep

Default Lancelot Barnett

I am keen to get any more information on Lancelot Barnett - my dad knew him as Uncle Lance. He was my great grandmother's partner after she lost her husband. Her name was May Louisa Cook nee Jones. I know this thread concerns medals but any information at all would be useful.
    If you can help, please email me at - frazsheppard(at)tiscali.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ness graham View Post
    Dear Mr Hallock

I understand you have the medal rolls for the coldstream guards for the boer war Im not sure now i have re read this, i think my gt uncle was too young for the boer war, i think he was in the coldstream guards in WW1.

In WW1 he would be 22yrs old, is he too young for the other africa wars
    the one i have is pvte lancelot barnett reg no. 10564 cold stream guards, motor transport army service corps
    is this the right one
    he was born in Baston, lincs, was living in Bassingham in 1901, his father robert greenfield barnett a retired policeman and his wife emily barnett nee moyes
    any information you could give me would be very much appreciated
    kind regards
    ness graham

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234