FredP

Default William John & Sarah Picken

Having discovered thatmy g-grandmother's niece EMILY CAUSER CARR and her husband JOHN CARR emigrated to Victoria in 1849, I wonder whether her younger brother WILLIAM JOHN PICKEN and his wife SARAH made the same or a similar journey.

They were married at St Martin in the Fields on 7th june 1841, the day after the 1841 census, when WILLIAM JOHN is shown as residing with his elder brother GEORGE BUCKNALL PICKEN at Crosby Row, Walworth |Road, Newington. The above-mentioned JOHN CARR was at the same address, as were EMILY's brother and sister.

The only later UK record I have found for this couple is that he acted as witness to his sister'e marthe day after the 1841 census, when WILLIAM JOHN is shown as residing with his elder brother GEORGE BUCKNALL PICKEN at Crosby Row, Walworth |Road, Newington. The above-mentioned JOHN CARR was at the same address, as were EMILY's brother and sister.

The only later UK record I have found for this couple is that he acted as witness to his sister'e marriage - 14th October 1843 - although even that could have been their father not him. I have not found either on the 1851 census.

News of any sightings anywhere in the world would be most welcome,
    FredP.
    Last edited by FredP; 07-02-2006 at 8:58 PM. Reason: To remove duplicate paragraph.

sadler

Default William John & Sarah Picken

Hello.

While the birth records of six children to John Stephen Carr/Emily Causer
    Cooper are recorded in Victoria, no births appear for William & Sarah Picken
    either in Victoria, Tasmania, NSW or W.A.

No deaths appear for a William or Sarah Carr in Vic to 1889 or the other
    states to 1899 (Tas) and 1905 (W.A.)

Mike.

FredP

Thank you Mike.

Seems that I shall have to look elsewhere for the Pickens.

Can you let me have details of the births of six children to John and Emily Carr? I only know about three of them.

FredP.