Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bonner

joyce van der hoeven

Default bonner

hello all
    im trying to find out the maiden name of my g.g.g.parents on the 1851 cenus they are at,thames oxfordshire here are the names
    william bonner,head 1818
    louise bonner,wife 1812(this is the maiden name im lookinf for)
    louise bonner,dau,1838
    rowland bonner,son 1840
    maria bonner,dau1842
    rebcca bonner,dau1844
    rhonda bonner,dau1846
    william bonner,son,1849
    hope this helps as this is all i know,thank you joyce
    just athought when williams dau louise got married she was doen as living at
    long crendon
    thame
    buckingham
    just thought it might help
    Last edited by joyce van der hoeven; 24-01-2006 at 1:37 PM. Reason: more in formation

Geoffers

The wife's maiden name would be recorded on two post-1837 sources, marriage certificate and the birth certificate of children.

According to the 1851 census, the earliest known child was born c.1838. It may well be that the parents married before the introduction of civil registration and so hunting for a marriage would involve using parish registers, which you might have difficulty accessing in the Netherlands.

Birth certificates then seem the best option, if the childrens' births were registered and assuming the children were born in Thame RD. Freebmd https://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
    has entries in the following quarters/years which may be relevant
    Jun 1841 Maria BONNER
    Dec 1843 Rebecca BONNER
    Dec 1848 William BONNER
    The web-site will give you the district, volume and page that you also need to order the certificate(s).

Before you do, you might check the 1851 census to see if there are any others of the same name who were alive then and the GRO idnex of deaths to see if any of them may have died young (just in case there were two Marias, Rebeccas and Williams all the same age).

continued....

Geoffers

.......And having had a brief look at the 1861 census for Thame, there may be a simple answer available. I recommend purchasing the 1861 census for Oxfordshire from https://www.archivecdbooks.org/

and look at RG9/986 folio 138 page 25, schedule 131. Living in Risborough Road, Thame were Rebecca, 18 - William, 14 and George aged 10 (all bn Thame) all are very conveniently shown as living with their grandmother:

Sarah HOUNSLOW, widow, 87, lacemaker, bn Thame.

A recently married Rowland lives next door with his wife and further Bonners may be found at:
    RG9/986 f138 p5
    RG9/986 f138 p26
    RG9/986 f140 p29

Geoffers

joyce van der hoeven

Default bonner

thank you for your help ,in the summer i will be going to england would i find it in the libary just athought

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by joyce van der hoeven
    thank you for your help ,in the summer i will be going to england would i find it in the libary just athought
    I don't know if Thame library has a local studies section, you might try 'phoning them 01844 212288 and see what they hold.

The Centre for Oxfordshire Studies in Oxford Central Library, Bonn Square has the census returns for Oxfordshire.

Archive CD Books could have the census with you in days. You could carry out this background research in the comfort of your own home so that you could then have specific targets to make best use of your time in the records centres in England.

Geoffers

Reputation beyond repute

William BONNER married Louisa HOUNSLOW on 5 Oct 1836 at Thame.

You'll need to check this marriage in the parish register after confirming from one of the birth certificates that HOUNSLOW is the right name.

Reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I didn't spot that Geoffers has already found HOUNSLOW!

Ffortune

Hi Joyce

William Bonner ch 3.12.1817 Thame, s of John & Elizabeth Bonner, tradesmen of Thame, by Wm Briggs officiating minister.
    The Bonner family were builders.
    James Bonner brother to William & married Nanny Cope who is the sister of my 3xggf Henry Cope. The Cope's were the town shoemakers.

1851 Census
    New Thame. High St

BONNER John Head M 65 M Builder
    Bet Wife M 65 F
    James Son U 30 M Builder
    Nanny Son's wife U 30 F
    Jane G Daug U 10 F
    Elizabeth G Daug U 5 F
    Sarah G Daug U 3 F
    Ann G Daug U 2 F
    Ellen G Daug U 4 m F

M @ Thame: John Bonney (signed Bonner) & Elizabeth Mentor. botp.banns. wit Mary Allen & John Mentor
    regards Ffortune

Ffortune

Joyce
    Ch 3 June 1812 Louisa Hownslow d Edward & Sarah Hownslow
    no marriage for Edward & Sarah in Thame

regards Ffortune

joyce van der hoeven

Default bonner

Hi FFortune
    thank you for your reply i found Louisa Hounslow married William Bonner ,thame 1836,but need volume and page number,the last one you put up for Sarah Hounslow was that her marriage ive found page and index number of Louisa
    Dutch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast