Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bossman

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche Charles View Post
    Sandie,

Thanks for your message. I'll get back to you privately. Meanwhile, do you realise that you don't have to go to Matlock to view the original Melbourne PRs? Like many others, they have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered from your nearest LDS family history centre. (This is the only way that so many of us in other parts of the world are able to access the records).
    Check the library catalogue on www.familysearch.org

As you say, there is a family of TIVEYs who appear in the Melbourne General Baptist registers (as well as in other General Baptist registers around SW Derbyshire / NW Leics). They all descend from the same TIVEY line which goes back to Breedon on the Hill, in nearby Leics.

Will be in touch.

Kind regards

Blanche Charles
    Thanks for the information Sandiep. I am trying to find Parish Records for Melbourne myself and I am struggling a little. It is especially frustrating as I live there !!
    I am also researching Tivey's in Melbourne on behalf of a friend and she would like to have details of Marriages pre 1837 so we have a common cause.
    If I find any information I will let you know.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Bossman

since I originally wrote this in 2005 I have found a lot out about my Francis Tivey and it is all recorded on site below along with a whole load of info about Tiveys collected by a Jan Tivey.........she has amassed awhole lot of info and is always willing to help. Have a look maybe our Tiveys are related
    sandie

https://www.tiveyfamilytree.com/

Bossman

Hi Sandie,
    Amazing how everything goes full circle isn't it? The main reason I am trying to find out the info on Tivey marriage data is to help Jan Tivey. She has helped me a lot so I feel it only fair to try and return the favour if possible. I am not having much luck so far but I am not giving up.
    As you say she is always helpfull and has done a great job in researching her family. They must be so proud of her!!
    Quite likely that our Tiveys are related and also related to me as I am related to Jan but very distantly.

Bossman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12