View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Hodgepodge of ancestry

I am a mutt genealogically speaking. Though I subscribe to the belief in canine's, mutt's are sometimes the best, prettiest, and healthiest of the animal, I am not so sure about the human correlation. I am a rather proud mutt, but my family history is a varied mixture of heritage that makes me envy those who can trace their trees back 400 or more years. I can tell you with all honesty, I will never be able to do that. Nonetheless, what I have found has been astounding.

My paternal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Researching across the pond

So, don't ask me how it happened, but I am back researching my English roots. Not the ones who have been in the states for centuries, those who are my immigrant ancestors, arriving between 1835 and 1884. Now, let me tell you, it is without a doubt one of the most difficult and confusing things I have researched. England is a whole different pickle, the setup of parishes and shires and districts, in most cases leaves my head reeling. Add to that the difficulty in actually obtaining records , well, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Learning the Ropes

I am passionate about genealogy. Some may say addicted. I don't mind, I just continue to do my own thing, and ignore the comments, raised eyebrows, and total lack of interest by my friends and families. They just don't know what they are missing.

I have searched for my English ancestors in the past, but to be honest, there wasn't alot of records, and it was, well, hard. I mean, why try and locate someone that wasn't easily accessible, when I have all these folks to research in the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Select a file: