PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a date...

biggirlsblouse
19-06-2010, 12:12 PM
My mum gave me a gigantic old photo album full to the brim of wonderful pictures of some of our relatives so I am having a lovely time trying to work out who all these people are. Anyway, the very first photo is the one I've attached below

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/biggirlsblouse_photos/img031.jpg

My most immediate thought is that they are the four children of the pesky and elusive James Warren whom I have been searching for but there are no obvious clues on the photograph, and no photographer's name that I could see.

My best guess with the people in the photo are...

Mary Ann b 1836 (obvious, :))
Joshua b 1838 (white suit)
James b 1841 (Abraham Lincoln beard)
Edwin b 1847 (younger looking one with the goatee)

I was thinking that they may have had a picture taken either just before the first one got married, which would be in the mid 1860s or before James went back to Tasmania (1876-8)

What does anyone else think??? I've made some assumptions on who's who in the photo - and I suppose I am assuming it is the family I think it is! But hey, if the dates feel right with their ages - how cool would that be!

Regards,

Jodi

PS: When people got a wedding photo taken in the olden days, did they do it on the day of their wedding? Or is it possible that it was done further down the track???